fs

Soundmind?? said:
There are numerous tube dealers on the net, do a google search. Cost will be probably $10-20 USD.

i did the google thing but im looking for a dealer people have had an experience with.
the cost of a 1960's ge 6072 is $85.00.

Here's a pretty good store. The guy is really cool.
http://www.audiotubes.com/

I havn't looked at the 6072's though.

Edit: sorry, doesn't look like there are any on the sight. Also look for 12AY7's. Same tube as a 6072 if I'm not mistaken. You might wanna just call that guy cause he's super nice and might actually have some or know where to get them.

thanks guys!
i see the ge 5 star blackplates are a bit higher in $$ than the ge non 5 star black plates. ($45 compares to $20)
is there a sonic difference betweeen the 2? what is the diff between the 5 star and the plain blackplate? what does the 5 star mean?

maskedman72 said:
thanks guys!
i see the ge 5 star blackplates are a bit higher in $$ than the ge non 5 star black plates. ($45 compares to $20)
is there a sonic difference betweeen the 2? what is the diff between the 5 star and the plain blackplate? what does the 5 star mean?

...as I stated in the earlier thread (link is listed above):

"...to the best of my knowledge, the 5-Star tubes were GE's consumer/commercial marketed brand, whiles the others were military issue (like the JG and JAN "white-box" versions)...other than that I believe the tubes are of similar quality..."

Back