FS: Western Digital 250gb IDE/PATA hard drives

tnjazz

I have about 15 of these for sale. All are Western Digital 250gb, 8mb cache 7200rpm internal drives and have been used as secondary storage devices, so they were written to one time and then put on the shelf.

I'm moving to a different storage setup, so these can go.

Asking $40 plus shipping for each. Will give discounts for larger quantities.

Last edited:
....wow.....one post - seven ads.....

What's the interface on the drives? USB? Will they work with a laptop?

I'm assuming these were internal--or were they in cases? Just trying to figure out what I'd need to make them functional. Thanks!

sorry, yes they are internal IDE drives. My original plan was to buy cases for them but it never materialized. So they've been sitting on the closet shelf in a box since they were written to.

USB cases can be had for about $15 (or less) on Ebay, or maybe a few bucks more locally.

EDIT: If anyone buys 3 drives for $110 I will include a drive bay dock with 3 drive caddies for free. ;D

So $110 plus a couple bucks for shipping gets you 3 drives, 3 caddies and one dock. The dock fits into any 5.25 drive bay on a PC (same as a CDRom or DVD drive)...

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
OK, all the drives are gone.

I still have 4 docks and 12 caddies.

If anyone's interested, make me an offer. Cash or trade, whatever. These are of no use to me anymore since I've gone to a Mac Pro (no 5.25 bay!)

They were $20 apiece new ($25 apiece with the dock) and I think they're StarTec branded or something like that. Bought them all locally from CompUSA.

Back