FS: Vintage Ludwig Vistalite kit

girlthatdrums

I'm moving soon and have decided to lighten to the load.

This is a 1974ish Vistalite kit, factory. There were originally 3 additional drums in the kit, but the shells were cracked so I sold those off. The kick is virgin, a little rare for this size. It does however have a slightly bent badge.

Sizes are 22x14/12x8/13x9/15x12 The 13x9 is not pictured.
The 12 and 15 have RIMS mounts on them with classic mounts. The original factory mount was a clip mount, but I've removed the clip and put the metal underplate back in it's place. Looks like it's supposed to be there, and actually works well on the rack to protect the visty shell from an encroaching snare drum. The 13" doesn't have the rims mount, etc. as I never use this drum.

All the heads have plenty of life left in them (more use than these pictures though), this kit was only used for a couple practices and one show. The 12 and 15 have hydraulic glass and the kick has a superkick II with an evans eg2 on the front.

Obviously, the toms are concert toms. I thought I wouldn't like them, but the hydraulic glass heads actually sound really nice on them. If you want more resonance, I would rehead them with a single ply head. The kick is amazing. Absolutely no muffling required, it's probably my favorite kick our of all my kits at the moment, but I'm not going to keep just one drum around!

The shells do have some scratching on them, but nothing a good buffing won't take out.

Again, I don't NEED to sell these drums, but it would help me out while moving, and I don't play them enough to keep them around though...

This probably goes without saying, but the hardware, snare and cymbals are not included.

Looking for $800. I'm in Buffalo, local pick-up is preferred, but I will ship also. I may meet you half way depending on where you are.

1097217707_7f36b87f66.jpg

1097217779_13a91d5bb8.jpg

BTW, I would also consider trades for:

A good set of monitors +cash

A good pair of overheads for drumset use +cash

A good dual preamp with phase switch +cash

Or some combination of the above.

I will ship international, but you've got to cover shipping and insurance/customs fees.

Back