FS: Taylor 410-RCE

FS: Taylor 410-RCE (Updated with pics)

I'm looking to sell my 2003 Taylor 410-RCE with the Expression System. I don't have any photos of it at the moment, but I can post some as soon as I get home from work.

Basic rundown:
Gloss natural finish full dreadnaught body with cutaway, Indian Rosewood back and sides, Sitka Spruce top, Tropical American Mahogany neck, Taylor's Expression System, newer style Taylor hardshell case (not the crappy plastic ones).

The RCE is a limited edition of the 410's where the back and sides were upgraded from Ovangkal to Indian Rosewood, the finish on the back and sides was changed from satin to gloss, and the pickup was upgraded from the Fishman system to the Expression System. The 2003 410 limiteds had 3 different model codes, 410-RCE, 410-L5, and I believe 410-L1. According to Taylor, the 2003 run of the 410 limiteds was only about 300 guitars, so this guitar is fairly unique.

After the limited edition upgrades, the 410-RCE is basically a 710-CE with simpler soundhole inlays and bindings.

The guitar is in excellent condition, with only minor finish scuffing and small, shallow finish indentations from light gigging. The case has a few cuts in the cover material and some other scuff marks, but still looks nice and still provides it's original protection.

As to price, I'd like to get $1,100USD o.b.o for it. Shipping should be roughly $25 for FedEx Ground within the US, but you will only pay what the charge really is...no "handling" fees :D. It will be shipped just like Taylor ships their guitars, in the same boxes Taylor uses, so it will be well-protected. As to reliability, you can ask Hard2Hear about my communication when I bought his Les Paul, and I'll be more than happy to exchange addresses, e-mail addy's, phone numbers, etc. to make sure it goes smoothly.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I may have a track at home I can post of a fingerstyle recording I did with this guitar through a pair of AKG C2000's, so you can hear what it sounds like.

Last edited:
Thats a nice price on one of those. If you got pics, you should toss 'em up to induce the GAS:). If I had the extra jack at the moment, I'd buy that right up.

H2H

taylors are great. my friend has a 110ce he let me borrow for a while and it was literally the best acoustic guitar i had ever played. i can't even imagine how good their higher models are. someday if i have a ton of cash burning a hole in my pocket i'll pick one up

philpereira said:
taylors are great. my friend has a 110ce he let me borrow for a while and it was literally the best acoustic guitar i had ever played. i can't even imagine how good their higher models are. someday if i have a ton of cash burning a hole in my pocket i'll pick one up
Seriously, they are... The only reason I'm selling this one is because I got a 614ce that fits better with my current style.

Here are photos as promised! I'm also an amateur photographer, hence the number of pictures and depth of field focus stuff...what can I say...I have too many hobbies! :o Anyway, each of the images is a thumbnail link to a larger image. Enjoy!

Back