FS: Seck 1882mkII Mixer

darnold

Hey everyone,
So i am going to put this up for sale for real this time. I want to make sure i get what this mixer is worth. I personally think this is a treasure of compact 8 bus boards. I would love to hold on to it but it is time for me to rearrange my setup. The preamps on the board, at least in my opinion, are unique and awesome! It is well built and was recently cleaned and tech'ed through. Everything on this board works as it should. This is a British board dating to i believe late 80s or early 90s.

There are 18 channels with XLR and line ins and also tape ins, inserts on every channel, eq has hi frequency shelving, sweepable mid, and low shelving on every channel. There are 2 aux sends, 2 foldback sends, and also a dedicated monitoring section, similar to an inline mixer. It is 8 bus (16 bus swappable). It also has 100mm faders.

I believe for an 18 channel 8bus board in this price range you wont find anything better or especially more unique. The preamps have a cooler sound than any of the mackie boards, and have a really cool punchy sound to them. Not necessarily clean, but not at all muddy or low fi. Just with a lot of character. It has a large mixer feel because it is wide and looks cool, but the depth is slim which makes it really easy to carry around if needed. It also has a handle on the top that allows you to angle the mixer a little or carry it. It is in good condition and has had very little use while i have owned it. It is very solid and very low maintanence. Also every channel is supplied with phantom power, which is turned on via on the external PSU. The PSU runs solid, and has a simple schematic printed right on the top of it for repairing.

I would like to get the amount this board is worth and I am not really in a hurry to sell it. I believe it is a treasure of a value if you are looking for something with some color.

Picture5.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture3-1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture6.jpg

$450 + shipping. I can send pics or discuss any other best offers or negotiations if you PM me.

Thanks,
Danny

Last edited:
I would like to mention more directly that I am open for discussing offers.

This really is a cool board to have for a home studio. There isnt a lot of information about these around. I believe that Seck eventually merged with Soundcraft or something like that. This board really does sound cool. I would say it is above par with the early mackie boards, an definitely has much more punch. It is clean in the way that the board doesnt sound muddy at all. Full, tight, and present, with a little bit of that transformer saturation feel. I feel it really matches well these days with sterile digital equipment.

Yah i have been thinking that shipping on this might be a little tricky. Luckily its actually not all that heavy and is pretty thin for its size. It might not be as bad as we might think. If you would like i could calculate what shipping might cost and then see about working something out for you. I think i will be able to get packing supplies for free at least and package it real good. Let me know. :)

Also just for reassurance, i can set up a skype webcam and go through all of the channels and outputs and record them if you want to verify that everything works as its supposed to before shipping.

Updated the Price to $500 + shipping. This is a more reasonable price for the board. Its well worth it. Feeling firm on this but PM me and we will talk.

I posted this reply in gearslutz so i thought i would post this here with some info and some sample recordings from this board. All live with mostly dynamic mics and such but should give a good example of the character of this board.

Located in Idaho.

I have looked all around for my tape measure and i have seemed to misplaced it. I will have to find it after work. Im going to estimate almost 36 inches in width, 15 inches high, and about 2 inches thick.

As far as sample recordings go i have very few available online. Best i probably have at the moment are some live recordings i archived a few years back with it. Nothing high end as far as mics or environment go but should give an example of the type of character that the board has. I should also note that i did not use the board EQ with these. This is recorded straight from the insert channels post Preamp and Pre EQ, then post mixed. I can get you these samples in Wav format if a higher quality medium is needed.

Equaleyes - Farmer Browns Summer Solstice : Equaleyes - Recorded and Mixed by Danny Arnold : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive - Equaleyes, Vocals come in track 2 and further.

Holden Young Trio - Farmer Browns Summer Solstice : Holden Young Trio - Recorded and Mixed by Danny Arnold : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Jeff Crosby - Summer Solstice : Performed by Jeff Crosby - Recorded and Mixed by Danny Arnold : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Forever Growing - Summer Solstice : Songs performed by Forever Growing, Recording and Mixed by Danny Arnold : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

I wish i had more examples of this board in use. Most of the recordings i have done over the years has been portable usually live shows and i tap right off of the clubs board. I guarantee anyone who goes for this board will be totally satisfied with the sound. It does not sound cheap. Great deal for an 8bus 18 channel board with a good amount of color to compliment sterile digital. I wish the board was a little more well known.

Back