FS: Pelonis Model 42 High-Def Bi-amp (100W) Reference Speaker System Studio Monitors

Miskit

Mint Condition, I am the original owner, used only in my smoke-free home studio, comes with original shipping box. Selling for $855. Free shipping continental US.

"It doesn't happen often, but every once in a while, I encounter a studio near-field reference monitor that really gets me jazzed about listening. A relative newcomer, the Pelonis Sound Model 42 is ready to make its mark in control rooms everywhere."

George Petersen Mix Magazine

"I've tried several small monitors in an effort to have that represented in my set up, but The Model 42
far away exceeded all the others I've tried. Everyone in my team was immediately impressed with
them and they've made life in the studio easier."

Tony Maserati - Producer for Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, Usher and many more.

The following link is a Sweetwater sound overview with Chris Pelonis on the Model 42:

Model 42 Two-Way Compact Active Studio Monitoring System Specifications:

System Type: 4" two-way Dual Concentric speaker
Frequency Response: 75Hz-35kHz (±3dB)
Frequency Range: 63Hz-37kHz (-10dB)
System Sensitivity: 90dB (395mV input, 2.83V output @ 1m, 1kHz LF output, -10dBV input sensitivity)
Rated Maximum SPL: 106dB (Peak SPL for 1 pair driven, 2.0V input @ 1m, -10dBV input sensitivity)
Dispersion: 60 (-6dB across frequency range)
THD: 0.6% (2.83V @ 1m, 1kHz LF output, 100Hz-10kHz)
LF Driver : 4" (100mm) multi fiber paper pulp cone)
LF Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
HF Driver: 0.75" (19mm) titanium dome with neodymium magnet system
HF Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Input connectors: Neutrik combo XLR/TRS with -10/+4dB sensitivity switch (accepts balanced or unbalanced lines)
Output connectors: 5-way binding posts

The Model 42's ported cabinets feature a striking, innovative rhomboid shape that allows for effortless comprehensive placement, as the inward angle of the front face ensures that the drivers are aimed correctly - they can even be angled up or down! The state-of-the-art concentric 100mm (4”) multi-fiber woofer encircling a 19mm (0.75”) titanium dome tweeter assures the most accurate time domain response of any design, providing a frequency response of 75 Hz-35kHz (±3dB). The bi-amplified system is powered by four 100W amplifiers specifically designed for the Model 42, which are housed in an external module along with audiophile-grade active crossovers.

Pelonis Model 42 System image.jpg

1. front.jpg

2. Pelonis in studio.jpg

3. Back.jpg

4. Amp front.jpg
5. Amp back.jpg

Last edited:
Back