Fs: Motu 896

skipwave

Any interest in an extremely well cared-for MOTU 896? Looks and functions perfectly. $380 shipped in the lower 48 United States. Original packaging. Cables, manuals, software, and all updates included.

Will include the perfectly matched 3RU SKB travel case for another $30. I got the case well used, the MOTU has been babied. Together they would make a really killer mobile rig. Add an 8 Channel pre with ADAT Lightpipe and you've got 16 channels easy to carry anywhere.

Pics:

motu1.jpg

motu3.jpg

I decided to finally go ProTools at home, since I'm using it at school and in studio. It just seems insane to keep switching back and forth between MOTU and PT, even though I prefer MOTU.

Brian

Gosh, these mods are rapid now, aren't they? They keep getting there before me and I don't get chance to show my deletion skillz!!

Oh and a big +1 for MOTU gear, still have a 2408 mkII that gets occasional use as an ADAT 8-channel AD box. :)

Aaaaaaah. I see. Thanks for explaining that. I was mighty confused.

:)

Yep--that's all it was. Someone dropped some spam in right after your post. I reported it, then made my post so others would know it was already reported. After it got deleted, my post looks a little out of place. :D

Yep--that's all it was. Someone dropped some spam in right after your post. I reported it, then made my post so others would know it was already reported. After it got deleted, my post looks a little out of place. :D

I can delete that too if you like.:eek::eek:

Two people reported it actually, which is encouraging that people use the facility.

On this occasion, unless you wanted to work for a finance company (talk about bad timing), it would have been no interest to anyone here at all.

Well, I can't speak to comparison with newer models. This is the only MOTU product I have ever used, and I have been completely happy with it all along.

If you want to hear some high quality samples of recordings made with it, I'd be happy to email you some snippets of tracks.

Here are some links to 192kbps mp3s:

Drums and AC Guitars

More Rock

Acoutic Guitar and Voice

These are a few years old, but they are a better representation of the MOTU, since I didn't have any fancy external preamps or tape machines then, so most things went straight to the 896.

Back