FS: Motu 828mkII, 2 x M-Audio Solaris LDC's

Hey guys! So, I've decided to move away from focussing on recording and move to stricting playing for a couple of reasons. 1. I suck at recording :\. 2. Every time I've been recording someone, my thought was always "I'd rather be playing".

Anyhow, I'm liquidating my gear, so here's the first run of it.

Motu 828mkII Firewire interface
Too many features to bother listing and if you're looking at these, you probably know the features anyway. If not, then take a gander here: http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/828/. The unit is in perfect condition as it has been in a rack since I bought it. I have photos of it if you want to see it. I managed to lose both the manual and the drivers CD, but both the manual and the latest drivers (which I would highly recommend using) can be gotten from Motu's website. I'm asking $500.00 + shipping for it, which is $250 off retail, and is less than what they end up going for on eBay. If you want them, I can also throw in an 8 channel 1/4" TRS snake and a 4 channel insert snake (both 10ft if I remember correctly, and were $35 each).

2 x M-Audio Solaris LDC mics
These I really don't want to part with, mainly because I still like using them live sometimes as drum overheads. They have done very well with most sources I have thrown at them, and are very flexible for different situations. They do a stunning job on acoustic guitars and as drum overheads, and can be an excellent choice for vocals, depending on the singer. John Scrip of Massive Mastering was really impressed with these, and it was from his recommendation that I bought a pair. They are both in perfect condition and have never been dropped or jarred. I have the original hard cases and shockmounts for both of them.
Specs: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Solaris-main.html
Review (if you count magazine reviews as worth anything): http://remixmag.com/recording_hardware/remix_maudio_nova_solaris/
I'm asking $200 (+ shipping) each or $350 (+ shipping) for the pair. They retail for $300 each.

If you're interested, shoot me a forum message or preferably an e-mail (mikeydon3@gmail.com)

I haven't ever shipped anything to Canada before, but I can't think of any reason why I couldn't. I'll charge whatever the actual shipping charge is, but I don't tack any "handling" crap on top of that :). Didn't specify it before, but the prices listed are in USD.

Yeah, i am aware of that. Is it possible to send you money by Interac email money transfer? And also, how is the condition of the MOTU? any pics?

I'm not very familiar with Interac, but from what I have read about it, you can only send money to people that have bank accounts in Canada. The MOTU is practically brand new. I installed it in a rack when I bought it a couple of years ago, and the wiring configuration hasn't changed since. It's in perfect condition both cosmetically and functionally. I'll try and get some pics posted up here.

Paypal would be great...I've never had any problems with transactions done through them. You can use a debit card with Paypal, but the only question is whether or not your bank puts a limit on how much you can spend on your debit card in one day. One local bank down here allows no more than $250 a day, while a nationwide bank doesn't have a limit. With Paypal you can also have it pull the funds directly from your bank account, but I've always preferred to go through a card of some sort (debit or credit) just for that added layer of safety.

The pics are on my computer up at the office, so I'll post those as soon as I get there.

Is Paypal totally guaranteed for scams and issues like that? What if i pay but the seller does not give me the item? Generally speaking here...in that case, could i cancel the payment?

Paypal has some kind of dispute negotiation system, but I really don't know how it works as I've never had to use it for anything. Not knowing about it is one of the reasons why I still go through a credit or debit card. Generally, banks and credit card companies do a much better job of protecting you.

Got the photos in the next post.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

I had started recording just to track down some of my ideas for songs, but then decided to upgrade my equipment to see if I could get a more polished sound. After a while, I figured out that the equipment wasn't the problem but rather a lack of skill, and that the focus on recording was taking away time from what I really want to do, and that is to actually play. I'm basically selling off almost all of my recording stuff and going back to the basics so I can focus on the music again.

As someone who has done deals with Sile2001 and as an owner of a MOTU 828MKII I give this transaction 2 thumbs up. ;)

I totally understanding focusing on the music, man. My home gear gathers dust these days, too. Too busy doing the fun stuff and letting other people run the faders.

H2H

Yes, it is still available. There is another party who has just asked about it as well but it hasn't yet been promised to anyone, so basically whoever is first to commit to buying it, gets it.

I have heard that the LED panel on some of these have problems going out.....any problems with that? You said it was in great shape so I assume the answer to my question is NO.

If you can go $500 shipped I will be glad to take it.....just let me know....thanks!

Thanks tnjazz......never dealt with MOTU before but have heard horror stories about support....great products though....

Back