FS: Monitors, firebox, mics, bass git, telecaster

goodbyebluesky

Sigh, I think I'm selling it all and giving it up.
All my recording gear has sat in and out of boxes for over a year now. I barely recorded a 2 1/2 minute acoustic guitar part over 10 months ago. I thought buying a home would finally give me space and time to settle into recording, but its been an agonizing renovation, and frankly I think I've lost my patience for any hobby that doesnt relax me. (Which rules out everything but vegetable gardening and strumming my Martin on the porch like an old man.) I hope to buy a used piano for my 8-yr old son so I can stop shlepping him up to the church to play theirs.

Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 monitors. Bought em new and only hooked up two seperate occasions. $225 shipped.
Presonus FireBox with entry-level cubase. $245 shipped.
Drumkit From Hell 2. I dunno.... 50 bucks.
I have an MXL V67, and..... an MXL 990, I think. Make an offer.
Assorted cables with XLR jacks, possible a 1/4" to XLR as well.

I also have an Ibanez bass from the 90's w/gig bag. Its deep blue, super sweet long scale neck, best playing bass I've ever played. (I hate that spongy low "e" Fender basses suffer from). And a 20 watt tweed amp from Epiphone to go with it, Model EP1000B. Shipping might be a pain on this, dunno if the amp is worth shipping. Make me and offer. All else fails I'll list in my local paper.

Also have a homebuilt American Standard Telecaster.
Black pickguard on black Warmouth body in alder.
A somewhat vintage maple neck with maple fingerboard.
Authentic Texas Special pups from Fender, with custom wiring- a 4 position selector (rather than 3 position) that puts the neck and bridge pups out of phase effectively making a humbucker. Pretty neat.
All the hardware is Warmouth or similar, all standard parts. Neck plate has Fender logo and "Corona California" on it, as we thought it would be cool on there. Would like to see a few hundred bucks from this, but make an offer. Don't lowball me, as my father and I built it and if you piss me off I'll keep it out of sentimental spite.

POSSIBLY WILLING TO MAKE TRADE FOR AN EPIPHONE VALVE JUNIOR AS I WANT ONE IN GOOD CONDITION TO MOD.

Last edited:
I may be interested in the DFH2 if you still have it in a few days. Also, the V67...is it the green one or the black one? Thanks.

I may be interested in the DFH2 if you still have it in a few days. Also, the V67...is it the green one or the black one? Thanks.

'K, you're first in line for DFH2.
And the V67 is the green one, I do believe. I didn't know there was a black one, whats the difference?

'K, you're first in line for DFH2.
And the V67 is the green one, I do believe. I didn't know there was a black one, whats the difference?

Cool, thanks! I'm not positive about there being a black one...I swear I remember seeing one though in a catalog. Don't think there was a difference except color, but I could be imagining the whole thing.:o Anyway, what are you looking to get for the V67?

Cool, thanks! I'm not positive about there being a black one...I swear I remember seeing one though in a catalog. Don't think there was a difference except color, but I could be imagining the whole thing.:o Anyway, what are you looking to get for the V67?

Well, I paid 100 new for it, used it twice and still have the box and zipper bag so.... I can do 80 and I'll pay shipping. Is that reasonable? I'll guarantee it in perfect condition, this is basically still new.

Well, I paid 100 new for it, used it twice and still have the box and zipper bag so.... I can do 80 and I'll pay shipping. Is that reasonable? I'll guarantee it in perfect condition, this is basically still new.

*bump*
Pretty much everything is still available, though someone has expressed interest in DFH2 and the MXL V67.

I can go a little lower on my Firebox and the Wharfedale monitors. Just PM me.

Well, looks like I'll have to pass on the MXL...just can't afford it right now. The DFH is still a possibility, but please don't hold it on my account. If someone else comes through before I do, then so be it.

BTW, does the DFH need anything to run it...sample player or something.

Yes, there is a black one, and the only difference is it's black. It's been discussed may times in the mic forum. I have a black one. If I bought another it would just be so I could have a pair for stereo, 'cause I'm not all that nuts about it for my voice.

Too man other things on my list at the moment, though.

I can vouch for goodbyebluesky, though. He's a good guy.

Still got the SG, dude. It's happy here.:)

Thanks for vouchin' for me. Happy to hear you like the SG copy.

I've never tried to record vocals with the V67, but in its price range of LDC's I think it did an awesome job on my acoustic guitar.

I really like the V67 a lot.
I live in florida ..... DeLand actually.
Take 70$ if I come pick it up? I don't think Lakeland's that far from me and I've always wished I had the green one instead of the black one I have. This way I could have them both unless it turns out Lakeland is a zillion miles away.

I really like the V67 a lot.
I live in florida ..... DeLand actually.
Take 70$ if I come pick it up? I don't think Lakeland's that far from me and I've always wished I had the green one instead of the black one I have. This way I could have them both unless it turns out Lakeland is a zillion miles away.

Actually bro, I'm about 600 miles from Lakeland now. I have been pretty much absent from this board since before my relocation last year. I gotta go change my profile....

$80 shipped still stands. You would spent the 10.00 diference just driving from Deland anyway. Lakeland is 30 minutes the other side of Orlando.

Actually bro, I'm about 600 miles from Lakeland now. I have been pretty much absent from this board since before my relocation last year. I gotta go change my profile....

$80 shipped still stands. You would spent the 10.00 diference just driving from Deland anyway. Lakeland is 30 minutes the other side of Orlando.
Yeah but I gig towards Orlando a fair amount so I'd be headed that way anyway.

OK ..... I want it ...... don't hold it for my but let me get thru the weekends' gigs and see where my money sits after paying bills. If it's not sold by Monday I'll almost surely buy it. I'm like 98% certain I'll have the money to spare.
If so, I'll get a address from ya' and pop the check in the mail Monday. I'm fairly relaxed about things so I have no problem waiting for the check to clear before you ship it but I don't write bad checks so no worries on your part. That's why I can't send it 'till Monday, got other bills that have to be paid.
I'm kinda excited ....... I really like that mic for sax a lot although I'm not sure why I need a second one ...... oh that's right. It's green!

Sure thing, Lt. Bob. (don't feel silly, for some reason its very cool looking being green with a gold screen. It looks way more expensive than it is)

Hey, Lt. Bob

I might think about taking the black one off your hands if you're so inclined. That way I'd have the matching pair.

Of course, that'd be a matching pair of mics that suck on my voice. :mad:

Well, we'll see.

Sure thing, Lt. Bob. (don't feel silly, for some reason its very cool looking being green with a gold screen. It looks way more expensive than it is)
OK ..... I had a good night so I'm good to go on the mic. PM me an address where I can mail a check to and I'll get it in the mail Monday.
:)

notCardio ..... maybe ..... first let me make sure the green one sounds as good as the one I have. I may have lucked up and gotten a good one!

Got any pics of your tele??

Can you send me a pic of the tele your selling? Plays nice, sounds like a tele?

JasonBird

I don't mean to try to lowball you but I found some 8.1As shipped for 150$ I figured I would offer that if you really want to get rid of them. I would rather buy from someone on this board if possible, but if not I will pick up the other ones.

Thanks

Back