fs (maybe) marshall 8080 valvestate combo

philpereira

Just trying to gauge any interest at this point, but I have a Marshall 8080 valvestate combo I was thinking of selling. This was the first series of valvestates and from what I've heard are generally regarded as the best. This is a 1x12 combo with 80watts of power.

http://www.marshallamps.com/images/archive/valvestate1.html here's the marshall page

This amp has two footswitchable channels, clean and OD. on the OD channel you have the option of choosing OD1 (lighter distortion) and OD2 (heavier). The footswitch allows you to switch between the clean and OD, as well as turning the reverb on and off. Also has an effects loop. Feel free to read around. Check out
for an example of how this amp can sound on OD
http://www.artistcollaboration.com/~philpereira/demos/song4.wma example of it's clean sound (pardon the awful singing on this one, i was home sick that day)

One caveat on this amp, the input is pretty loose and will need to be checked out my a repairman. From what I've been told, it doesn't cost much. With all the work travel I'm doing, it's hard to set up time to get this one to a shop. Other than that, this amp is immaculate, and has only been used in my bedroom, both through college and now that I own a home. In terms of price, Im thinking along the lines of $200, plus whatever shipping turns out to be. If anyone wants to chat some more about this amp, feel free to post or to send me a PM. Thanks!

i should also note that this amp has been lightly used since 1999. since i've lived in dorm rooms and apartments i've never put the volume more than 2 typically in order to not disturb people. even though i have a house now, i really don't need this much power in an amp. so if anyone wants to give it a good home or spruce it up to resell, give me a holler

Oh, I should note that this amp's blue book value is $300 and is sold by a certain used gear store in the northeast for $280. It's gone as high as $350 recently on ebay. of course, all these values are relative to one's actual interest in it. Either way $200 isn't too shabby. Figure I'd offer here first since ebay can be a pain with the fees and such (I need all the money I can get) my ebay name is dragon12880 if anyone needs to look up feedback on me (i've been a member for years, but only buy and sell on an occasional basis)

well my amp crapped out on me and this is interesting. How about $200 shipped? Get back to me in a pm if possible. One question, does it have a speaker out?

here's one last ditch effort at trying here. i'll probably end up putting it up on ebay. thanks for checking this out anyway! :)

good idea lol in reality, i've just been trying to avoid the ebay fees. at this point in my life, i need all the money i can get to use to buying my new amp, basically i need to make it a direct trade, i don't have much wiggle room in the budget. but people have to make money and ebay certainly earns their cash from auction fees.

Back