FS: Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50 w/ Upgrades

lank81

Hi All,

I've got a 2005 JCM 2000 DSL 50 watt up for grabs with an upgraded Mercury Magnetics OT, MM Choke, and also some cap changes on the Red Channel. Below is a little bit about the DSL 50 and changes.

The Head has two footswitchable channels - Classic Gain is channel A (Green Channel)
Ultra Gain is channel B (red channel)

Channel A also has a Crunch button which instantly adds the Marshall Crunch. The Clean by itself has the sound of a 1959 plexi and the crunch is supposed to be a 2203. I can get tons of tones just from this channel - RHCP, RAGE, Audioslave, Smashing Pumpkins, etc.

Channel B also has a button which takes you from the Ultra Gain to Ultra Gain 2. The Red Channel is supposed to be a hot rodded 2203. With the gain down a bit I can get a great Green Day tone with this channel. With the Ultra Gain button pushed in you get a higher gain response with a boost to the mids. Very in your face.

There's quite a few other features like The Deep & Tone switch but one cool thing is each channel has its own reverb setting which of course can be switched via a footpedal. BTW, the EQ is shared on both channels.

I have the original one channel footswitch with this amp as well.

Here's the upgrades:

A Mercury Magnetics Output Transformer & Choke were installed as well as a cap replacement on the Red Channel. The mods do quite a lot for the amp including raise the output volume when dimed, adds girth to the red channel signal, and also really enhances the tone frequency. There's quite a lot of sounds to be had from this amp.

MM Info: http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/news/misc/JCM2000-JPCervoni.pdf
DSL 50 Info: Marshall Amps :: DSL50

700$ Local
750$ Shipped/PP'd (Gift Option) / Best Offer

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

Price Drop

650$ Local
700$ Shipped/PP'd (Gift Option)

PM If interested...I have refs from a bunch of sites if needed

That's cool ...... I was sorta hoping it was near me ..... but I live way down in Fl.

Sweet looking amp man ......

Thanks man. Definitely a nice one but it's too much amp for me and I'm more of a Vox guy. Looking to grab a new AC15C1 after I sell this.

Back