FS: High-end preamps

jpfour23

Hi All,

I am selling two high-end mic premps. The avalon 737 and the API 3124+. They are in great condition and have barely even been used.

Wish I could keep them, but life is keeping me busy outside of the recording realm.

Avalon 737 - $2000 shipped
Api 3124 - $2100 shipped

THX,
JP

If i were going to get that api unit I would pay a hundred bucks more to have a bran new one. I think your going to have to find a sucker somewhere else.

gcapel said:
If i were going to get that api unit I would pay a hundred bucks more to have a bran new one. I think your going to have to find a sucker somewhere else.

The API goes for that on GS all the time. It is a testament to how good a preamp it really is. The cheapest I have seen a minty one go for recently is $2000.

I do agree though, for less than $200 bucks, I'd by a new one (and I did :D )

To the OP - I'd try over at GS. It will sell over there in a few days.

edit - it's almost $300 bucks cheaper than new. For that much, I'd jump on a used one. Too many beers this afternoon made my math a bit fuzzy........

OK. For starters, the Avalon is the SP version. Try this link FARVIEW, http://mercenary.com/vtvactub.html

gcapel - I am not trying to screw people over so trying to find a "sucker" somewhere else isn't my intention. I bought these items new, they are virtually new with very little use. I think what I'm asking is a reasonable price, but since everyone else is of another opinion, I'll drop the price $100 on each.

I'll post everything on GS now.

JP

If you were to call places for prices you would find many places to sell you the SP version for under $2000.

The 737 is should barley get $1500 used.

And as far as SP vs what Mercenary sells...I'd much rather buy the Mercenary. It sounds the same and looks cooler.

jpfour23 said:
OK. For starters, the Avalon is the SP version. Try this link FARVIEW, http://mercenary.com/vtvactub.html

gcapel - I am not trying to screw people over so trying to find a "sucker" somewhere else isn't my intention. I bought these items new, they are virtually new with very little use. I think what I'm asking is a reasonable price, but since everyone else is of another opinion, I'll drop the price $100 on each.

I'll post everything on GS now.

JP

That is a killer thing to do! I totally repect you for that.

Back