FS: Chameleon Labs 7602 with PS

orksnork

I've got a Chameleon Labs 7602 (original) with a power supply (and the cable to connect them) that I'd like to get rid of. Chances are, you've heard about it, you know people love them for the money, yadda yadda.

I've had it for about 2 years, used lightly, sits in a rack and doesn't move. Gotta fund some more doctors bills for the bad back.

$500 (plz!) plus $15 shipped to CONUS. I'll discuss international if you have rep and you're willing to cover it.

What's the difference between the original 7602 and the MK11?
Is the power supply the rack mountable CPS-1 Dual Power Supply?
Has this unit been modified?

I did find this from Warren Dent explaining the difference.

The MKII is the same exact sound, but adds the 300 ohm mic input impedence switch and some LED metering. Other than that, same.

I still use the original designs, pimped out with new knobs though (and I've got the only red knobs I know of too!).

War

You've got the answer on the first bit.
This is the CPS-1 Rack mount dual power supply
There's been no modifications to it.
Bought, racked, used, priced to move.

I've got a Chameleon Labs 7602...sits in a rack and doesn't move...

Yeah, they do that, esp. if they are not hungry and the air temp. is cooler. I had one, did that same thing, but also kept changing color on me...

Ripeness of the mind is a difficult thing for the home recording enthusiast to determine, no matter what piece of gear it is. Even specific types will vary depending on what model it is. The best way to determine maturity of a home recording purchase is to randomly select samples from across the interwebz and use a hand refractometer to measure the sweetness of the tone. Soluble sugars should be 10% or more near the center of the gray matter. Since most home recording enthusiasts probably aren't going to go so far as to aquire that equipment, here are some tips:

1. When harvesting decisions, make sure that the mind is cut from the brain and the decision removed manually. Pulling creates a cracking wound that pathogens can enter and quickly destroy the quality of the decision, not to mention ruining the posters reputation on the forums. Leave the decision in the mind until the last possible moment. Then send that Paypal cash money.

2. Don't harvest your mind until it is fully ripe. Decisions will get softer after they are made but they will never get sweeter.

3. Most people tap on their heads and listen for a dull thump. If you purchase much gear, this is an art form.

Back