FS: 1986 Marshall JCM 800 2004s Limited Edition Head

bryonwinger

1986 Limited Edition SHORTBOX Marshall Master Volume 800

This is a 1986 Marshall JCM 800 2004s (shortbox) head. 2x EL34, 3x 12ax7. 50 watts. Sounds like a great 800. Hi and Low inputs, single channel. Two speaker outputs. Low, Mid, High, Presence, Preamp (Gain) and Volume knobs. Very good condition cosmetically, few rips in the tolex, nothing that can't be glued down. I have been told that these were only made for 1 year.

Classic Marshall overdrive, thick, not buzzy. This is a Master Volume 2204 800 in a shortbox chassis. The only gripe I have is that the volume goes up too quickly! I almost never turned it up past 2 through a 4x12. Too loud for the small clubs I was playing and way too loud for the bedroom now.

When I bought this amp a few years back I compared it to a DSL and TSL. I went with the 2204 because the overdrive was noticeably thicker than the others - the gain itself was lower, but sounded bigger, wider and "more there" as it were. It definitely is NOT a thin overdrive. Great for any style of rock or punk, maybe some loud blues. I always played with Gibsons and they always sounded great. This is one of those amps where you don't need a pedal to sound good.

I have never had a problem with this amp, gigged countless times, always treated well and never banged around. It has yet to fail me. I replaced the tubes about a year ago, haven't used it much since then - I'm done with rock bands for a while and need something that isn't so loud.

I'm looking for $900, open to offers. Shipping will probably be around $40? I will charge actual shipping charges, so if it's less I'll charge you less (or more if more).

I will package well - bubble wrap, styrofoam, reinforced corners, double box, etc. Will ship UPS ground, unless you prefer somebody else or want faster shipping - let me know. Email for more pictures or info: bryonwinger@charter.net

Thanks.

Back