Fruityloops question....

Basslord1124

I'm planning on buying some good but "inexpensive" drum machine/looping software so I did a search last night on the forums about it. I found a thread on the subject and most people recommended Fruityloops. I was wondering if this software can do fills as well as loops? I mean it'd get kinda boring if I didn't add something interesting to the drums every now and then ya know? :rolleyes: I'm also open to other recommendations for software (I saw Hammerhead mentioned as well). And others I have seen were PCDrummer and I think there was one called Drag and Drop Drummer or something along those lines. I'm just wanting some software that is good, versatile, but also inexpensive. Thanks all. ;)

Are you looking to make your own loops with samples, or just software to arrange them?....

Basslord1124 said:
I'm planning on buying some good but "inexpensive" drum machine/looping software so I did a search last night on the forums about it. I found a thread on the subject and most people recommended Fruityloops. I was wondering if this software can do fills as well as loops? I mean it'd get kinda boring if I didn't add something interesting to the drums every now and then ya know? :rolleyes: I'm also open to other recommendations for software (I saw Hammerhead mentioned as well). And others I have seen were PCDrummer and I think there was one called Drag and Drop Drummer or something along those lines. I'm just wanting some software that is good, versatile, but also inexpensive. Thanks all. ;)

well, fruityloops is essentially a sequencer - so you can sequence a fill into a pattern.

a fill can really just be a loop that you play once.

Gidge said:
Are you looking to make your own loops with samples, or just software to arrange them?....

Mainly just software that I can create my own loops but also use presets if the program has em. Sort of like how I've been using my drum machine.

if you wanna make your own loops, Fruity Loops is the shit (opinion)......

yeah you can do rolls and all that....you can program quite a few different beats and them put them together how you like.....

fruityloops

I must agree with Gidge on this one..very versatile..very easy to learn the basics and each new version is packed with more and more goodies. I have 3.56 and I have just been listening to the sample arrangements that come with it and they are amazing. you can make an acoustic drum track for those drummerless bands and with a little tweaking make it sound pretty natural. There are tons of synth's and fx as well. I don't know if the site has sample mp3's or whatnot, but this program could be used for just about any application.

dlv

Fruity Loops is really nice...although it is bad at a couple things...like time signature changes, and recording sections that don't align well with the "pattern" scheme.

Slackmaster 2000

Sounds cool...I'll purchase it here in a few days. To be quite honest I've never used a sequencer (hell I'm somewhat getting the hang of multitracking software and wav editting) but you all say it's not too hard to use so I'll take your word for it. In a sense I've "sequenced" stuff with my drum machine (it's an Alesis SR16...it has a "Song" Function that allows me to build a song in steps...where each step represents a loop or self created drum part) which took a little bit of time to learn how to do but wasn't seriously hard or anything.

Fruity Loops is really nice...although it is bad at a couple things...like time signature changes, and recording sections that don't align well with the "pattern" scheme.
Version 4.0 does this and more.

Back