Fruity Loops Rip-Off

Kelby

Is anyone else feeling a little annoyed at this Fruity Loops "Producer" situation?

When I bought Fruity Loops, it came in two flavors -- "Pro" (which was $49) and "Full" (which was $99). The full version had a lot of features that the pro version didn't. One of the primary benefits of the "full" version was that if you bought it online, you would get "free updates for life." So basically, you pay $99 and you get their most full-featured product with free updates for life.

Now, they have created a new version called "Producer." This is not a fundamentally different product. It has a few enhancements, but all of the updates to the Fruity Loops "full" version have had enhancements. The only difference is that they are not letting people like me, who bought the full version with free updates for life, have this update free.

I think this is pretty underhanded of them. To me, "free updates for life" means exactly that. It does not mean merely bug fixes. And it does not mean they can get around it by calling the latest update a "new version." If they wanted to reserve the right to charge me more money for an update by calling it a "new version," they should have made that clear when I purchased it. :(

I agree that is pretty shitty.
I know it doesn't justify it but,...
no wonder so many people have bootleg/cracked versions.

Though you have to think all software companies have upgrades to their programs, however these upgrades are available to registerd users at a fraction of the cost as the full one.

But then again, they're not going to just sit there and hand you
updates for life and not make another version.

I don't know man. Now I'm more frustrated than you. :mad:

;) ;)

ELF

???

So are you no longer able to get updates for the full version that you bought? I have seen the newer versions of fruityloops and they are constantly adding more features. If they made a higher end software line and called it "producer" at a higher development cost but are still providing you with updates for the full version of their standard fruityloops I see no reason for being upset. They promised free upgrades for what you bought..not free upgrades and every other peice of software they develop for free. If you are still upset..wait till you hear this..mcdonalds is making people fat..all over the world...and you are a victim...

dlv

Back