Fruity Loops in AA 1.5

bemo

Being completely ignorant of how FL works, I am wondering if it would be compatible with AA. Does it create files as MIDIs or does it assemble
.WAV/.AIFF segments into a mixed down final unit thatis exportable to .WAV based DAWs?

bemo said:
Being completely ignorant of how FL works, I am wondering if it would be compatible with AA. Does it create files as MIDIs or does it assemble
.WAV/.AIFF segments into a mixed down final unit thatis exportable to .WAV based DAWs?

Yes, you can mix down to *.wav and *.mp3.

they go good together...like chocolate and peanut butter...lmao...

I record, and edit, and a lot of stuff with a recorded track in cool edit or adobe. But...i will take the track lastly into fruity loops, to use the effects. some of the effects seem to sound better, and have "analog" controls rather then punching in numbers, so you get that visual "play with it" thing, without restarting a long track each time you tweak a value in CEP...that gets annoying when youre playing to find a sound.

plus, fruity loops has a "wrapper", so a lot of my collected effects that werent working in CEP I could WRAP them in fruity to at least use my "cool effect" i had found a download free for on the web...and theres a lot of them, some are junk, but some work well...only way to try is use them...you can never have too many effects in your effects list,lmao.

i like the fruity reverb, and chorus too.and somtimes the compressor, and a few other things. it puts a nice polish on a vocal track if you dont go nuts with teh effects...i ike using my "tube warmer" somewhere int he chain sometimes too in fruity. Its nice to just pop effects into and out of the loop in fruity, until you get the chain you want.

doing first one efect, then another, then going back tothe original track, to try a different order of effects can get annoying in CEP. Fruity lets you just play, and diddle, and switch the effects orders around.

then i output to highest quality wav it has, and read it back into CEP, and mix it in with the other tracks.

FL basic...

FL started out life as a "drum machine" program, and peopel started using it to trigger other weirder sounds in patterns, and subsequent releases built on this, and it eventually got blown up into what it is today.

its main works, is you select sounds (there are lots of them, and you can import as many more as you like...i mean BANKS after BANKS of sounds...)

anyhoo, you select sounds, and assign them to a channel like thing. they kind of resemble the track windows a little in CEP/Adobe, except each line isnt a waveform, instead of a wavefore, theres a row of "buttons". You can vary thelength of the buttons, and the speed with which it cycles thru the bottons. As you select different buttons on or off, on different sounds you selected and added, you are saying when each sound should be triggered.

if you have good one shot drum and cymbal samples, its really easy to make a drum track. Then, you can go and select other cool sounds, and drag them to youre song, and trigger them when you want.

you thenhave a big piano roll thing, and you can make patterns. as many different patterns as you want, and plop them on and off, and the song can get quite long. This makes it really easy to make a drum vamp, and add fills and cymbal crashes at intervals. Or to drop in cool synth effects.

There is NO END to the number of ways you can modify sounds, plus, on pklayback, you get to use a lot of effects and tweak the settings and change their order in real time. I find what effects can be brought in directly, you put the "fruity wrapper" around it, then you have it.

once you quit thinking of it as just a simple drum midi sequencer, and start to make songs with it, its really more powerful than you will imagine at first blush. Its quite favored by DJ's that make remixes and those "jumpy" techno dance tunes.

you can drag in whole wav files, and all sorts of other things. I will drag in a Cool Edit track once mixed, and start to assemble a drum track in it, and pla with the timing till i get it "right".

outputting the resultant track to high bit WAV, and back into cool edit/adobe for anythign else is seamless. its main strength is in all the bult in synths and addons made for it, and the simple patternm arragement. Cooledit/Adobe is much better for editing WAV files and stuff.

getting to use both make for a fairly powerful system overall once you are kind of used to both. There IS a learning curve, but tis well worth it. If you ever used a simple drum machine, you will hit the ground running fairly quickly.

an excellent resource for FL, is http://www.yourbeats.com/

they have mixing contests just like here, but the emphasis is on hip-hop and dance techno kind of thing. But...the knowledge available there for using FL to its full advantage, is priceless regardles of the style of music you make with it. ANyone who thinks FL is a childish toy, would do well to poke around and listen to some of the files people offer to show off there...some of them will have you scratching your head at their quality and complexity. Some of the better ones, really had me awed, I hadnt realized FL full potential till then.

some of the higher-end DJ's or producers as they perfer to be called, can have a low, mid, or high order ego, but...so do some higher end mixer dudes. For FL, its an invaluable resource. You can try FL online download for free, but you are limited. Once you get past the learning curve, and start to make simple beats and grasp how to increase the complexity of them, youre hooked, i guarantee it, and will purchase the full version.

Back