Front corners fibreglass and symmetry

Tamate

Hi.

In a room (around 12ft side), I have a problem.
I can cover the corners on front side, with superchunk, only from 6.5ft to cieling. This area doesn't cover the |ears to speakers| zone, and I can't put the bass traps in L setting, either.

I have two options now:
a) fill the |ears to speakers| corners area, in a random (non geometrical) way, with a big yuta bag full of fibreglass -> with the risk of losing symmetry and stereo imaging.
b) leave that section of corners without treatment -> with more symmetry

Do I go a) or b)?

Ps: other zones of the room will be treated

thx

A lot of people do not fill the front corners floor to ceiling due to all sorts of different reasons. Bass collects in boundaries so where the floor or ceiling meets two walls trends to collect the most bass. Symmetry means doing the same on both sides so not having bass traps in the middle of the corners in both corners is still symmetrical. I would place some bass traps on the floor to speaker height

Thank You for the inputs.

I would place some bass traps on the floor to speaker height
What did you mean with "on the floor to speakers height"?

Did you mean "at the bottom of the speakers"?i.e. speakers are on stand and you put traps on the floor at their bottom.
or
Did you mean that the traps height has to be from floor to the end of the speakers?

Thank You for the inputs.

What did you mean with "on the floor to speakers height"?

Did you mean "at the bottom of the speakers"?i.e. speakers are on stand and you put traps on the floor at their bottom.
or
Did you mean that the traps height has to be from floor to the end of the speakers?

Sorry, I meant I would place some on the floor as high up as you can go.

Back