From the abandoned "Voxvendor" project..

VOXVENDOR

I did this tune about 2 years ago.. It was to be on the second Voxvendor album with, In my head, Your Life Story, Last American Wiseguy Etc.... That album is totally abandoned now, and all that remains is an E.P.of what was actually completed.

Just moved on from that style of sound I guess... Or something like that.

This song is totally incomplete.. No cymbals yet, or any other things to put the finishing touches on....

I rejected it, cause I never really liked the quasi-"rap" that I did on the vocal..

I wanted to share it with you's before it gets filed away for good.... Let me know what you think.. If it totally sucks, tell me.... I'm not easily offended these days.

TIA, for listening.

Joe

It was never titled... Just a working title.. "Rap" :)

http://www.voxvendor.com/mymp3/Rap

LOL, I had a feeling you would dig it Gidge.

I actually feel a "want" to complete the album when I listen to the stuff, but I just don't have the "drive" to do it..

Strange eh?

VOXVENDOR,

I like the track!

It kind of reminds me a few other Canadian rock acts from days gone by in its style and instrumentation.

The distorted guitar seemed a bit too loud in the mix at louder levels and the vocals seemed a bit too low. Other then that, the rest of the track sounded great! I loved the drum sound and playing. Very solid through out the track.

The ending need a bit of work but, I am not sure what to suggest there. Are you planing on actually working this track further?

Now I will have to get out my old Toronto albums and give them a spin. Your song reminded me of their stuff a bit. Do you remember them from the 80's?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers! :)

sounds good, Joe.

wait 'till you move on to Bluegrass. Then you know you've come full circle!

liked the trippy synth stuff too. I'm a sucker for that.

but...I get where you are coming from. Nice sounding guitars playing easy strum rhythms over a couple of chords. Sometimes it just feels like there should be more. Teenagers eat this shit up for breakfast, but as you know, sometimes you just need a Taco Bell burito in the morning to fill you up right!!

I think bsabbath does a good job of the heavy stuff. Otherwise, I am tending to look at a lot of it nowadays as sounding pretty 'juvenile'...for a lack of better words.

Where the hell were you at Voxchat this weekend? I looked for ya' both nites when I got home and you were nowhere to be seen. Probably drunk!

Cool tune......this was during your phase shifter period huh?
The vocals are a little distant.....kinda sounds like some early Steve Miller in structure.....also a little Nazz......you probably never heard of them........pretty nice tune from the vox archives.

I downloaded 3 1/2 megs in 20 seconds....very cooool :D

This sounds super polished to me man...
I liked the pan shift/crossover at the beginning...very cool..
Good guit playing and yeah, the vox could come up a bit...the bass too....

so........do you use Acid for your drum loops?...................

:D

Thanks alot for listening everyone.. All the positive comments are making it hard for me to throw this song away, but when it comes down to it, i'm just not into this stuff at the moment.. Maybe it will come back to me some day.. I'm just in a different "place" now.

Guitar was POD, Bass was direct and Drums were Roland Dr-770 Drum Machine.... The hi hat and tambourine was live though...

Thanks alot for listening guys... I just wanted a few other sets of ears to hear it before I file it away.

Joe

PS> LT. Bob, I'm on the chat all day while im "working" but rarely show up on weekends.

Great sounding guitars. I loved that. Nice song too. Cool sounding harmonies.

I'm looking for ideas on enhancing the sound of clean guitars and I liked what you did with the clean guit track on this. If you remember, can you spill out what effect(s) you had on it? Sounds like some delay and/or flange.

Thanks.

Hey TrippyM

Strat-POD-Chorus-Delay... Strat Switch all the way down (away from strings)

Thanks for listening!

nice. I loved the vocal style. It's not gay song, but hey.. how many tunes are, eh? :) Great guitar sounds. Long live the she-mail.

Yeah this is nowhere near as good as your newer stuff. Had some redeeming qualities though. You have some good harmonies going there. The mix sounds pretty good to me. You do a real good job with the drums.

No where's that she-mails stuff?!

"Love Hurts"? Nazareth???

Excellent drums, Voxxy Brown. Wow... the Voxvendor sound really is worth it Joe. Vocals could come up in your mix. Love the layered sound... I'll have to steal that technique... if we're not too wasted during VOXFEST to check your setup ...

Cool stuff joe... just sounds like a fader up mix... overall, maybe
snare down, voice up... and then some compression on gtrs...

Ehh... it won't go away... great stuff, you Canadian tart ;)

:p
p

I like the vocal in this song and the backing vocal. On headphones it sounds too slick for this board. I like it because I'm still struggling to attain that smooth sophisticated sound

"these older tunes sound better than your new stuff..."

I know eh!.. I totally agree Sam... But those old ones really sucked when I was doing them... It was like working nightshift at Burger King... Not fun at all, tedious, labour intensive and I ended up not getting much enjoyment out of listening to my end product.

The new stuff doesn't sound very pretty, but it is fun for me to do, and 100% fun for me to sit and listen back to the end result...Plus, my shrink told me I should stop trying to be a perfectionist and have some fun for a change :p:D

Thanks for listening everyone....

Joe

Back