from russia with LOUD

badassmak

Herbi-Whore
I recently aquired myself a russian Mig50 with matching 2/12 cab, and it sounds like what I needed it for, a relatively inexpensive noisebox for my guitar and pedals to be throughput. However, it is actually too loud...I use both inputs with a mono splitter so I get the highs from input 1 and the lows from input 2 combined for some real groovy tone, but like I said it's too loud, even 1 input is too loud. I could turn down the level on my distortion pedal, but then the clean is still too loud (for rehearsal sakes....dont get me wrong its nice to finally have enough juice to overpower the drummer!!!)...what can I do to keep the volume in check?

-signed a newbie with a toobie!

I thought the mig was a fighter jet...

I assume from "newbie with a toobie" you mean that it has tubes.

check this site out.... http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/tooloud.html

I would never consider lowering the volume of my Hot Rod Deville, mainly because I enjoy killing people, but perhaps some of these fixes would do the job.

Be sure to drink vodka while you do it, though. :eek:

I second the HotPlate. I love mine, and its great for shaving 4 or 8 dB off of your amp's overall volume. Any more than that and the attenuation starts to take its toll on your tone. But you can get it all the way down to barely audible or even silent if you want.

Some people swear by their Weber attenuators as well, it may be worth checking those out too.

Back