Fried my 3Q

VSpaceBoy

..loading
I have a Joemeek 3Q that I accidently plugged my RNP power supply (although they call them wall warts) into. The red lights on it all lit up. I turned some knobs thinking that maybe I had a strong signal going into it at first, then unplugged it. After realizing the error, I plugged in the correct power supply.
duh.gif

Now I can't get any volume out of it. Its very crackly sounding and won't boost the mic signal. I've tried condensors and dynamics with the same result. Does this sound like something I could have fixed? What might be wrong with it? Is it worth fixing.. or scrapping?

damn :eek:

ouch...sorry dewd frkn wal warts with all their frkn different amperage requirements. should have amde them an industry standard or something in the beginning.

that sucks.

Try contacting PMI, they might repair for cheap, or give you good advice. Without seeing a schematic, if it has a voltage regulator, that would be my first guess. Also check to see if it has a fuse.

I can't imagine what kind of damage it could've inflicted. Looks like the Meek uses 12VAC and the RNC 9VAC.

Back