Fret buzz. Help

thenextbigthing

I'm sure everybody knows the answer to this except me. I have a jackson Kelly, with floyd rose... Well a knock off version of one I bought real cheap off eBay; anyways, I have annoying fret buzz from the 1st frets to about the 5th or 6th frets. I want the strings as close to the neck without buzz but I don't know how. I carefully adjusted the truss rod but no different truss rod settings take away that buzz. What are some specs of this kind of Jackson. I don't know what the nut height or tremelo height suppose to be, maybe that has something to do with the buzz. Any kind of help would be nice.

Hopefully Muttley will chime in.

My guess would be that, if all six strings are buzzing, that the nut is too low all the way across. If it's just one string, then that nut slot could be too low. Either way it would call for replacing the nut.

Just making positive of nomenclature: When you say 1st to 6th frets, you are referring to the frets closest to the nut, correct?

From reading your post and judging by your own statements and what you have attempted I would recommend you take it somewhere with a decent tech for a setup. You run the risk of putting things seriously out of wack by tinkering with the truss rod unless you know why and what you are doing.

Back