freeze function in Sonar Home Studio?

bikescene

Hi, I checked the Cakewalk website about whether Home Studio and Home Studio XL include the freeze function that is a big feature in Sonar 4.0 Producer Edition, but I couldn't find any info. I was told that Home Studio has the core features of Sonar, while being stripped down. Is this something exclusive to Sonar Producer Edition?

I'm interested in the freeze function because I've been looking into buying Native Instruments Guitar Combos, which I heard is even more labor intensive than Guitar Rig. I'm currently running a Dell Inspiron 6000 w/ 1.60 Ghz Pentium M and 1 gig of RAM. I'm connecting to my laptop w/ a M-Audio FireWire Solo.

If you are refering to Sonar Studio Edition, then yes, it has the track freeze function. Perfect for what you are suggesting as well.

bikescene said:
Hi, I checked the Cakewalk website about whether Home Studio and Home Studio XL include the freeze function that is a big feature in Sonar 4.0 Producer Edition, but I couldn't find any info. I was told that Home Studio has the core features of Sonar, while being stripped down. Is this something exclusive to Sonar Producer Edition?

I'm interested in the freeze function because I've been looking into buying Native Instruments Guitar Combos, which I heard is even more labor intensive than Guitar Rig. I'm currently running a Dell Inspiron 6000 w/ 1.60 Ghz Pentium M and 1 gig of RAM. I'm connecting to my laptop w/ a M-Audio FireWire Solo.

My copy in on its way, but from what I can tell, SHS does not havethe freeze feature.

Ask your question in the HS forum over at www.cakewalk.com

Can't you just bounce to track and archive the original tracks? I believe the Freeze Funciton is just a short hand way of accomplishing the same thing.

Back