Freeway of the mind

Twampy

I know that the delay on my vocals won't be popular but that is how I imagine this song, written around 1991 I think it's ok to sound a bit dated. I have used a loop on the guitar that was recorded on tape back then, the rest is new.I's more of a keyboard song than guitar so apologies to the guitar fans out there. I think I need to do a bit more mixing but I am happy with the sounds I'm using.
Hope you like it,

View attachment Freeway15.10.14.mp3

What is the fuzzy distortion thing panned left? Interesting sound.
I feel like the whole mix is pulling me to the left.

Yea I agree the sound pulls the ear hard left, you might want to move that a bit more to the center, but keep it left.

Delay and reverb in general is OK, you just have it way too extreme. I like delay and reverb and think it is good to use, but the way you have used here doesn't complement the song. Might want to go back work with it a bit more.

I am not saying don't use it, just get it to a level that works for the song, unless that is the way you wan it to sound. Then it is perfect :rolleyes:

I liked the organ sound. That was cool.

The rhythm gets sloppy in a couple spots.

Vocals are really pitchy. Vocals have much more reverb applied to them than the rest of the tracks. They sound like they're in a different place from everything else - like you're in a tunnel.

The drums lack power.

There is about 20 seconds of silence after the song ends.

Definitely interesting-sounding. I'm a "guitar fan" myself, but the organ seems to work. As you predicted, I'd prefer less delay on the vocal, unless you brought enough acid for the whole class! :) Drums need volume. I picture it with half of the hi-hat hits and a really heavy snare smash, kind of a plodding but powerful-sounding beat. That might contravene some of the psychedelic overtones, though.

All in all, not my type of music, but not bad.

Thanks for the comments, pretty much agree. I want to work on the vocals and yup a little too much effects.

Ha. just realised, thd fuzzy sound pned left is the origonal sound recorded on tape in 1991, just a standard guitar amp with a lot of gain and I put a mic infront to record it. Long time ago, I think it was a laney amp.

Good song.. I agree with most comments so far so I wont duplicate.. it does seem like there is something loose with the groove. I cant hear much of the drums so I cant really tell if they are the culprit but it jsut feels like the music falls out of the back of the pocket sometimes.

Cheers, it's all loops, the fuzzy guitar was recorded 20 odd years ago and i want to use it for nostalgic reasons so perhaps the timing is off in that. The chorus is also difficult to get right with the timing as it seems to have an extra beat. it's a strange one but it was written under the influence lol.

Back