Free Web Publishing??? (that works)

fishkarma

Hello!
At the moment I'm designing a website (with iweb) for my studio and other stuff. I have made several sites but i have never been able to publish them!

is there any free web hosts that actually work?
I noticed a lot of them don't accept .png images which iweb utilises these!
the other thing is uploading file by file which often just doesn't work at the end and is just a pain in the arse! is there a ftp one that i can just send the site to?

How do most of you guys upload yours as you all seem to have .com's. do you pay for them?

I'm not exactly sure what everything above is asking.

But I'll try to explain a bit. i have a .com address. Basically, buy some web hosting and get a .com or .net address...anything else isn't worth the time.

FTP everything and you're set. I don't know anything about iWeb. Contact the hosting company before you purchase space from them and let them know exactly what you're trying to do and if it is possible with their company.

I hope that helps a bit.

My friend is hosting websites (he's the one hosting mine for free) starting at $2.99/mo.

Comes with everything: FTP, cPanel, MySQL databases, PHP support, Frontpage extensions, etc, etc.

If you have any questions you can ask me or just contact him directly at: webmaster@getmyim.com

I don't wanna sound like I'm spamming cause I'm not but thought you might be interested because you can't beat $2.99/mo for hosting!

i use www.doteasy.com great free hosting.. sometimes they have great deals on domain names.. i got my site www.dojostudios.net for 9$ a year with free hosting.. evan without the deal it's usually somewhere around 20$ per year.. no ads.. and you get a decent email system.. even for 20$ you can't beat it

I use godaddy. I just bought an extra domain "www.inmultiples.net" for $2 on some deal they have. I bought www.mindsetentertainmentinc.net for 5 years on some deal they had back then, $5 or 10 a piece or something like that. Also use their hosting service.

This my plan:
• 100 GB Space
• 1,000 GB Transfer
• 1,000 Email Accounts
• Unlimited Web sites
• FREE! Software
• 25 MySQL Databases
• Unlimited Email Forwards
• Forums, Blogging, Photo Galleries
• Metropolis Hosting Community
• $25 Google® AdWords® Credit1
• $50 Microsoft® adCenter Credit†

I pay $4.89/mo every 36 months - personally need the 100GB space instead of 50-100mb that a lot of hosting services offer and 1TB transfer, can't beat that for the price with a stick.

Never failed me. Also I use CuteFTP & internet explorer to upload my files.

Current deals they have on domain names: get a product (like hosting or servers, emails etc - if your new) for $1.99 (all domains)

Thanks lads but i dont have a credit card which is why i was asking about free webspace which i know is out there but i can never get to work and usually don't have free ftp either.
looking at those prices i would be willing to spend the cash but cant unless they take cash in hand Lol!

What i said about i web was that .png images aren't usually accepted by free hosts for some reason as i get an error message while trying to upload them and cant change them as i use iweb

Western Union has those pre-paid no contract visa cards, that you could put money on, and purchase it.

Back