Free Sample Sounds?

close

Hey everyone, does anybody know where i can get free sample sounds to use for making hip hop beats. Even where i can get free trials would be helpful, cheers!

do you know how to use them or get them on to cubase, are they just to listen to or can you actually use them on your own programme?

I'm not sure about using loops in Cubase, but when used in Acid or other loop based programs you just open them up from where you saved them on you hard drive and go at it.

[EDIT] I just tried it in Cubasis VST4 and it goes like this.............
[FILE] >> [IMPORT] >> [AUDIO FILE]

Sounds to me that you're a beginner at this so I would advise you to get some free samples first. You're probably gonna go mental when you're programming a beat and it doesn't sound quite right. Get some free samples and try them out for awhile, and when you have upped your level of skills you'll either buy some hq samples to reshape yourself, or you reshape the old ones to make new sounds.

If you're gonna use cubase to program them in you're better off using a drum machine, such as the lm-4 (If I'm not wrong), or if you got some cash to spend; blow them on the allmighty NI battery machine.

Cheers for the advice, ive just made my first beat and i think it is pretty banging! I am just using the keyboards in school but they only have limited ability, at home i have and SR-16 and pretty weak keyboard. Ill take your advice in mind cheers!

Back