Free RockWool

Michael Jones

in the Austin area.
I will not ship. You must pick-up.

It looks like we're going to be moving in about 3 weeks!
So, I have a lot of RockWool, that I'd rather not cart around.
If you want some, and you can pick it up, its yours.

OMG :eek: After all that planning and work? I too was wondering why you stopped posting in this forum Michael. I hope the move is by choice and not circumstances..and you make a lot of moola!! :D Being as its Austin, I bet the market is crazy as Sacramento is. Are you planning on a new studio at the new place Michael? Bet the new homeowners wonder what the hell you were building there. Ha!
fitZ

I'm Interested

Michael,
I'm interested if no one has allready claimed it.
I live in Mansfield which is about 3 hours away(i think)
Do you have the rigid Rockwool sheets? and will it fit in a small ranger pickup or do I need a trailer?

I am in the beginning stages of building myself so the timing is pretty good.
If you want to contact me direct email me at tom@tmixstudio.com

Thanks,

Tom

Hi guys. First of all, the move is definately by choice.
We're moving into a phenominal 5300 sq. ft. home in Lakeway, Texas that has these incredible views of Lake Travis.
There's 3 levels to this home, and the 3rd (bottom) level is about 1000 sq.ft with an adjacent 700 sq. ft. workshop. Its not a basement. Its just a 3rd level, and with the outdoor entrance to it, it'll be a great set-up.

So I've got 1000 sq. of studio space right away, with a possible 700 sq. ft. future expansion. (The Studio here was 1200 sq. ft.) The new studio has its own separate central HVAC, and a separate outdoor entrance, and a full bathroom and a small... bedroom type enclosure.

In the "current" studio, I finished everything except final HVAC, and final electric. The new owners will use it as a music studio and a home office.

I've never been one that gets emotionally attached to buildings. They are commodities, meant to be bought and sold on the open market. So walking away from this one really isn't a big deal to me. Besides, the place we're moving into is just too cool! :cool:

We close on both properties, this one and the new one, on August 22, and we take possion of our new home on Aug. 24th.

We're stoked!
Everyone's invited for a party at my house on August 27th!
:D

Michael Jones said:
Hi guys. First of all, the move is definately by choice.
We're moving into a phenominal 5300 sq. ft. home in Lakeway, Texas that has these incredible views of Lake Travis.
There's 3 levels to this home, and the 3rd (bottom) level is about 1000 sq.ft with an adjacent 700 sq. ft. workshop. Its not a basement. Its just a 3rd level, and with the outdoor entrance to it, it'll be a great set-up.

So I've got 1000 sq. of studio space right away, with a possible 700 sq. ft. future expansion. (The Studio here was 1200 sq. ft.) The new studio has its own separate central HVAC, and a separate outdoor entrance, and a full bathroom and a small... bedroom type enclosure.

In the "current" studio, I finished everything except final HVAC, and final electric. The new owners will use it as a music studio and a home office.

I've never been one that gets emotionally attached to buildings. They are commodities, meant to be bought and sold on the open market. So walking away from this one really isn't a big deal to me. Besides, the place we're moving into is just too cool! :cool:

We close on both properties, this one and the new one, on August 22, and we take possion of our new home on Aug. 24th.

We're stoked!
Everyone's invited for a party at my house on August 27th!
:D

mmmm mmmm mmm that sounds really nice

Congrats,

Nick

tmix - no one has claimed it yet.
This is ROCK WOOL, not rigid fiberglass insulation.
I think the RW is the 6lb variety, but I'd have to check.

The RW is 4'Lx16"Wx4"T.
There are (I believe) 4 pieces packed to form a "bundle".
And I there are 5 "bundles" all wrapped up into what I would call a "bale".
It looks just like that... a bale of cotton.
So one of these "bales" is about 4' wide, 4' long, and 16" thick.
It will fit perfectly between the wheel wells of my small pick-up.
They're not really that heavy, but they are very bulky.
I don't see how you could get more than 2 in a p/u.

I think one of the bales covers 133 sq. ft.

I have 6 of those bales, but I'd like to keep one.
Again, they're free, you just have to pick them up; if it helps out a fellow home-rec'er, all the better. ;)

Michael,

Sounds VERY nice (what you are moving in to).

I am still trying to scrounge up the bucks to even get started on our basement in my measily little house :)

Taxman just doubled my property tax, so it will be a little longer now too.

I hope your new studio is sweet... I wish I could have seen/heard the old/new one in action ;P

Velvet Elvis

Michael Jones said:
This is ROCK WOOL, not rigid fiberglass insulation.
I think the RW is the 6lb variety, but I'd have to check.

They're not really that heavy, but they are very bulky.
I don't see how you could get more than 2 in a p/u.
I have 6 of those bales, but I'd like to keep one.
Again, they're free, you just have to pick them up; if it helps out a fellow home-rec'er, all the better. ;)

Michael,
I dont know why I am not getting notified when you post.. Sorry to take so long to get back

I would like to pick up whatever would fit in my pick up.
Let me find out which Saturday I could come down. If you would let me know what Saturday and times would be good for you and I'll try to make that work.

Tom

Back