Free Beer here!!

mojka

I thought I might try a different approach although I still have the same question I posted several days ago. This is the first time I have not received a response from a question whether it was completely ridiculous or genuine. so I will try again because this problem is buggin' the piss out of me. Please read below:

Whenever I try to use the tempo ratio 3 setting in Cakewalk Home Studio 9.00 it will double the clicks in my metronome during record the way I want it for a couple of bars and then drop-out for a second and then continue in tempo ratio 2 or 1. Is this common? Is there a simple fix to allow me to use tempo ratio 3? Thanks in advance for any solutions you may have.

Are you starting to record and then changing the tempo where you want it or do you insert a tempo change into the track that applies to the enitre track? Are you trying to change tempo with audio or MIDI? How many tracks are you trying to change the tempo on, all or just a couple?

Evildick,
I was going to post naked women but for fear that someone with the answer to my question may be a non- lesbian woman which whom may take offense to free beer with naked women as opposed to free beer and naked men in which case I can live without tempo ratio 3. But back to your question: I cannot use tempo ration 3 while recordinh an audio file. I will open a new project and set tempo ratio 3. Next I will create 1 stereo/audio track. I will then hit record and my metronome will run in double time which for me is easier to keep rhythm to. Then after a couple of seconds it will stop and start again without the double time.

For all you recovering alcoholics with the answer to my question I apologze in advance. Thanks.

you may have already figured this out ,but you cannot use the tempo ratio's with audio files. they work with midi only projects.help file>tempo>ratios,explains this in sonar i would think hs would be the same.

convert to groove clips

Your going to have to convert your audio Groove clips. You can then stretch it or shrink it to match your desired tempo. I haven't tried this before but according to the SONAR manual, it's "supposed" to work.

Dick

I think I have figured this out possibly. I believe by changing the time signature from 4/4 time to 6/8 and so I getting the result I was looking for. Thanks for your input. I will post a free wapatuli next.

Back