Found a md441 .... finally.

formerlyfzfile

... used that is.

Its on store hold for 30 days but still ...... IF its in good condtion then I think the $220 for it will be a good deal.

Checked and it does have the clip.

I HATE going to the music store.
Went to pick up a used RNC for a buck and ended up with another mic comming.

Damn this GAS.

Its good to be setting up and actually recording again after a few months break.

just venting
-mike

The 441 will probably be my next dynamic mic purchase. Or maybe RE20 or SM7. God I love nice dynamic mics. :D

Yeah ......... got the RE20 ....... be damned to find a md421 WITH a clip but really looking forward to getting the 441.

I think ribbons are next to consider.

-mike

A quick word of caution about buying used... make sure you look really good for any hair line cracks, expressly where the clip mounts onto the mic. ;)

formerlyfzfile said:
... be damned to find a md421 WITH a clip
I've not seen that many 421s in total - but I'm yet to see one that doesn't involve some form of electrical or gaffer tape in attaching the mic to the stand. Han has some system for making clips for them though.

noisedude said:
I've not seen that many 421s in total - but I'm yet to see one that doesn't involve some form of electrical or gaffer tape in attaching the mic to the stand. Han has some system for making clips for them though.

I bought a pair of them used (with sequential serials even) off Ebay. Both of them have the clips and are in working order.

That's cool. The snare and guitars are the sounds I like the most on that recording. Apart from the guitar solo ... but I think I just dislike the player there, it's not the mic or engineer's fault! :)

noisedude said:

Weird, I bought 4 421's and 2 441's and all the clips are perfectly intact. All from ebay.

I bought 2 MD421U-4's with clips for 160 euros for the pair, shipped and a 441U with clip for 190, shipped. All of them are bought used and are pretty beat up but they still sound great. The 441 clip doesn't lock anymore though so the mic is fixed to the clip with a piece of tape.
I still think I did well, especially on the 421's. My only regret is that I didn't buy more (the seller had four of them).

Back