Fostex next model - any rumors?

mrx

Now that Korg has the XD series and Tascam has released the 2488, I figure it's about time for Fosex to blow them away with something like a "VF-24." There's nothing on their site, but I believe the MR-8 was rumored before it appeared in their literature. Does anybody have any 'inside info' on what Fostex is planning next?

more for me to buy :0 MR-16 would be nice or even an upgraded MR-8, but that already looks like that may be the vf80ex. How long has the MR8 been out anyway, is it old already?

I've had my MR-8 for 18 months, so it's got to be time for sometihng new (although I just saw a Black Mr-8 on Sam Ash - specs didn't look any different, 128 card, and a $20 price increase...)

International site talks about the 'EX' version of the VF80 and VF160 but they don't look any different - US dealers claim to have the VF160EX, but it's 20GB for 900 bucks - can't tell how it's different from the non-EX version that's 200 cheaper on eBay...

I saw that Sam Ash picture in the catalog, but I thought that is was just the negative of the picture since I think red goes to black and vica versa, but then I think I saw the actual picture of a black box unit, but I didn't like it. I can't remember where I saw that. Maybe online somewhere.

I wonder what an MR-8ex would have?

Back