Fostex MR16 Firmware Update

I have most of the Fostex updates including the MR16 v1.08. If you want a copy, please PM me with your e-mail address and (if it is in my library) I will attach it to my reply.

Hi,

I have a Fostex MR16 (no CD). Currently I'm running v103 and all is well. What is the difference in the updates? Also would i need to upload sequentially (V105 & V108) for everything to function properly? I can't find a description of what the update does anywhere. Grrr.

Thanks,
Mark

Terfyn--I PMed you on this. You were of immense help when I first picked up a MR8 years ago. I wondered what happened to the Fostex Forum through the parent corporation. So glad to "see" you again.

Dunno about the MR-16. I installed the MR-8 update posted in the other thread (the one everyone is afraid to download for some reason :rolleyes:) on all four of the MR-8s I've owned, and it worked fine. There's a PDF file in that ZIP file with some instructions for the MR-8 update that may or may not apply to the MR-16. Fostex says you have to use the original Compact Flash card that came with the unit to do the MR-8 update. I would guess the same is true for the MR-16.

If you have the MR-16 manual, it may have specific instructions for installing the firmware. I really don't remember why the PDF file was important for installing the MR-8 update at this point.

Red Fostex MR8 software update

Hi Terfyn,

I've been searching for hours for a software update for my newly bought red MR8 (not MK II or HD) without any luck. If you could email me one, I'd be very appreciative. Jerem 111 email: gandala7@hotmail.com
PS I see you're from north Wales. My dad was born in Pontypridd.

Back