Fostex E16 won't rewind?

can you manually turn the tape backwards once you've hit rewind?

If so, could be a blown fuse, bad motor, and if not the brake could be stuck on.

Last edited:
Can you hear the motor running when you press rewind? or absolutely nothing happens (no sounds)?

I'm not sure if the E16 uses pulley/belt drive rewind but my R8 didn't want to rewind either when I got it but it turned out the belt just fell off the pulley (easy fix).

Yes I can hear the motor turn on. Gt
Can you hear the motor running when you press rewind? or absolutely nothing happens (no sounds)?

I'm not sure if the E16 uses pulley/belt drive rewind but my R8 didn't want to rewind either when I got it but it turned out the belt just fell off the pulley (easy fix).

Ok the guy I bought this deck from said the rewind didn,t work. I can't get fast forward or rewind to kick in. Play and stop work fine.
GT.

Ok ...problems solved. I just pushed the dancer arm on the supply side up and it goes into fast forward. Push it down and rewind works. This recorder looks almost new. It won't sound like my Tascam ATR80 2",but it's got a punchy sound to it. The price was right. Will look into getting a service manual. GT.

Back