Fostex D1624 - recording in slave mode

SF Audio

I want to slave the fostex to MTC via a sequencer. Usually, record is done by holding down the rec button and pressing play. If I'm slaving, the start will be done externally. How do I start the record - just hold down the button while starting the ext MTC? Any other way around this? Seems a bit of a pain....thanks.

you can use the fostex mmc to hit record for you.. Look in the back of the manual; i had this working on my D80's once but i have to admit, i hit recored myself mostly!.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/SNAMM97/Fostex/D-160.html

The full line of Fostex D-160 recorders/editors also offer a range of other enhanced features including:

A more sophisticated file management system which allows for more increased "virtual reels" and automatic back-up functions.
A Vari-pitch function which allows for +/- 6-percent pitch variations in highly precise increments of one-tenth of a percent steps.
A selectable sampling rate of either 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, which reflect the two most used sampling rate standards in the industry. Furthermore, the sampling rate can be independently set and changed per program.
MMC Rec Track Select Function Key enables individual track arming on a slave machine.
Significant synchronization capabilities, including an MTC-only Chase Function allowing the D-160 to slave to any recorder/sequencer by feeding MTC data without word clock data which, when combined with the D-160's standard ADAT and SCSI interface capabilities, gives the D-160 unparalleled systems networking capabilities

Back