For your listening pleasure

79_Les_Paul

Started writing this song a few weeks ago....finally laid down the tracks this weekend.

All comments are welcome!

Thanks.

http//:

I enjoyed it. Sounds a little too programmed though. Needs some change up in tempo and chord structure and drum sounds. Great Words! Good job.

God bless.

Thanks Steven, I know what you mean....I'm going to get together with our Praise & Worship leader and see what advice he has..He has a Masters in music and has written over 120 songs...I trust his advice.

Anyway, thanks for listening...I was beginning to think no one cared.. ;)

I was looking for some opinions on the recording and mix of this song.....I don't know what to think when no one replys....... :rolleyes:

......nice harmony..great voices....I think an instrumental break or something like that might add to the interest level ....overall a good sound

Thanks for the reply......This is the first real record and mix I've done since I got my Yorkville monitors so I was looking for something original to lay down...I realize the song is far from finished on the writing end...but I get excited and want to record, even before the material is fully ready.

I'll do some thinkin on the lines of an instrumental....

Thanks again...

Hey, worship song. My favourite! :)

Good song, good playing, good arrangement = recipe for greatness! :)

Everything sounds nice, smooth and polish....

Love the backing vox.

The lead vox is good too, maybe a tard muddy... can benefit from some low cut.

Can't really hear the bass, but I'm listening on phones anyway. :)

Drums are too programmed for this song.... try to make it more real playing... v-drum.. whatever.

All in all, nice stuff!

Keep it up! God bless!

Thanks for the reply...............

I've made a few changes...did some panning on the opening...changed some reverb and fattened the background vox.

Also added a clean guitar and a short instrumental.....

Increased the low end slightly.....let me know what you all think..

Thanks and God bless!

Hey, the second version is much better. I have to agree with getting a little variety into the drums/percussion. The vocals came out really well. The guitar solo could be just a tad mellower, I think. Overall very good recording.

Yea, I was anxious to get the first one out..... I have another version that brings in a leslie organ sound during the lead....

Hey, Arvo, exactly what do you mean about the guitar being mellower? the tone? volume?

Thanks

79_Les_Paul said:
...what do you mean about the guitar being mellower?...Thanks

Hey, I've slept since then! I can't remember exactly what I was thinking now. Maybe something like a "Reelin' in the Years" or Dire Straits sound, and set a little bit further back in the mix. Just an idea.

BTW, the girls (wife and daughter) liked it.

When's that other version gonna be up?

Hey, I still like it, now it's even better. Maybe it's time to put this one to bed and start on the next one!!

Yo !

Very nice song , I like the whole percussion arrengment.

And Actually to tell you the truth, the first christian song that I really like.

Not that I listen to it alot, but this is very good melody and lyrics.

You kinda sound like a modern Peter, Paul and Mary ;) ...

*One thing tho. on minute 3:18, did You use that "D" on the E string as a Passing Tone?...or was that just a mistake?* Just wondering because it sounds kinda off... However, I listened to it again and it builds up the expectation to resolve...So I don't know with what priciple did you use it :D... Tell me please :D..

Overall Very nice song! Nice Mix and everything sounds perfect to me...what did you use for Vocals?.

Now, Give A listen to my songs and tell me what you think :D... Thanx!

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=121122

Peace
Jose

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it...

As far as the "D"....it was intentional....it's part of the transition from the "B" back to "E".........sometimes I listen to it and think maybe it doesn't fit but then other times I think it does.

When you say "what did I use for vocals?".....do you mean micing?

actually, the acoustic and all vocals were done with an SM58 running into my behringer 2442fx board.

Thanks and God Bless!

I think they kind of fade into obscurity as long as no one bumps them back to the top, and since we're talking about it, here you are!! Most people browse the bbs by recentness, so this'll be back on their radar.

Back