For you loser Eddie fans out there

EVH & VH in general were jumst hair metal to me - the fact that their two Australian hits were a) a cover & b) a synth pop song says volumes as well.

EVH & VH in general were jumst hair metal to me - the fact that their two Australian hits were a) a cover & b) a synth pop song says volumes as well.

I do find it fascinating how much legend and mystique surrounds Eddie's early "brown sound". People are still trying to figure it out. There are many theories out there and Eddie himself has been telling lies about it since day one. It's actually kind of funny to me. You've got guys putting Variacs on their amps and breaking their humbuckers just to sound like an early Eddie recorded tone. Lol. Silly. And they're all missing the most important ingredient to Eddie's sound - his hands.

his hands.

Well there you have it...toss them fingers away use your hands to play guitar like Eddie...who'd a thunk.:guitar:

Technique and "soul" is one thing, tone is completely another and though fingers are used to turn the knobs, it's the ear and the knowledge of getting the desired sound out of that chain of effects and amps that is the "magic".....Like an artist with paint and brush..you can have 100 "artist" paint an apple with the same brushes and paints and you'll have 100 different apples.

Well there you have it...toss them fingers away use your hands to play guitar like Eddie...who'd a thunk.:guitar:

Technique and "soul" is one thing, tone is completely another and though fingers are used to turn the knobs, it's the ear and the knowledge of getting the desired sound out of that chain of effects and amps that is the "magic".....Like an artist with paint and brush..you can have 100 "artist" paint an apple with the same brushes and paints and you'll have 100 different apples.

There are reckoned to be still thousands of great masters paintings in collections today that are forgeries. Others are st6ill unattributed because we can not be certain as the style and brush work is too close to be definitive. They may be they may be not... You argument is wrong.

A large part of tone is how you attack the string..

There are reckoned to be still thousands of great masters paintings in collections today that are forgeries. Others are st6ill unattributed because we can not be certain as the style and brush work is too close to be definitive. They may be they may be not... You argument is wrong.

A large part of tone is how you attack the string..

I didn't say take a 100 artist and have them forge a piece of art, I said have them all paint the same apple ..guaranteed you're going to get 100 different apples ..so no you are wrong.

And though I agree with you that how you pick or strum the string absolutely will effect the tone...so yes that is part of it too...without the amps and effects adjusted exactly as Eddie has them adjusted and using the same "tools and technique" that he uses..., you are going to be hard pressed to get the aforementioned illusive "Brown tone" that the legend and mystique therein leaves Greg fascinated by...you can attack it anyway you want...you ain't getting his tone...so much to your chagrin, your statement is as flawed as "Da Gerg's" is about hands vs fingers my little British earthling ( with Irish genes ;) )

My statement isn't flawed, you burnout buffoon. Only an idiot would make an argument out of hands vs fingers.

My statement isn't flawed, you burnout buffoon. Only an idiot would make an argument out of hands vs fingers.

No Greg, you're a self absorbed baby.. I was just yanking your chain like you do to everyone else here including me all the time...you don't need to get all butt hurt and start the 12 year old Beavis n Butthead style comments.

I haven't done drugs or alcohol in nearly 30 years...I built and ran a contracting business that allowed my wife to stay home and raise our kids. I work for fortune 500 companies that pay me nicely to consult and travel the world for them.

Yep just an old burned out hippie living the dream..

How am I supposed to know you're "yankin my chain"? We have no relationship, online or otherwise. We don't joke around with each other, do we? No. Just be glad I read your post and gave you the time of day. Back to your bong.

How am I supposed to know you're "yankin my chain"? We have no relationship, online or otherwise. We don't joke around with each other, do we? No. Just be glad I read your post and gave you the time of day. Back to your bong.

Dude... Not gettin' any? Meds stop workin'? WTF?

Back