For What It's Worth - Pink Floyd Collab

7string

Not that anyone cares, but I went ahead and recorded the rest of the song except the lead vocals. There's an annoying buzz in the bass guitar and a few flubs in the intro. I don't have a Fender Rhodes so I improvised. I did the best I could, so for what it's worth...

It's a shame isn't it. You did a pretty good job my friend. I just wish it would have gotten further than it did. My voice sounded really good the way you mixed it, but I really can't help but think that the ending 3 chords are wrong. listen to the song, and then listen to that. The harmony I did was as the original was, but doesn't go at all with the last 3 chords.

Sounds good to me.

the guitar solo is almost spot on:cool:.

This is one of my favorite floyd tunes, and I can dig your version, get some vox on this and you`ll have a nice product.:)

Sounds good to me.

the guitar solo is almost spot on:cool:.

This is one of my favorite floyd tunes, and I can dig your version, get some vox on this and you`ll have a nice product.:)

Thanks Nak! I used to sing this song in a band about 20 years ago but for some reason it's just a tad out of my range any more! (Don't get old... it SUCKS!) I might give the chorus parts a try just for *#&^'s and giggles though. I just really would like to get some backing vocals, now THAT would make it kick some serious ass!

It's a shame isn't it. You did a pretty good job my friend. I just wish it would have gotten further than it did. My voice sounded really good the way you mixed it, but I really can't help but think that the ending 3 chords are wrong. listen to the song, and then listen to that. The harmony I did was as the original was, but doesn't go at all with the last 3 chords.

Yeah, it was a great idea... in theory anyway. ;) Thanks for the compliments. I was hoping that if I went ahead with the keyboards one of the actual keyboard players around here would say, "Well, I just HAVE to do that RIGHT!" but no takers... yet...

Actually, in the original, the harmony on the word "MAGIC" goes UP on the end of the word and your harmony stayed with the same note. No biggie and I think it's only the last two chords that are wrong, but hey! With the exception of the drums and your vocals, I was doing it all myself! And you're comPLAINING????

;) :)

Kidding, of course! I think your vocals were AMAZING on that part. Wish you could do the rest! But I think I will give that chorus part a try, maybe over the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I could too, but it's way to high for me, and it makes me mad, because I love the song, and would like to sing it.

Back