For the Tone Thread Freaks

Nice track,

I think the scratchy sound is just the tone of the strings and frets on the right side guitar.

Nice playin.
Thanks. What is considered a scratchy recording could be that. I just had the guitar refretted and the guy lowered the action to a level usually found on electric guitars.

Aside: I had just gotten it back from the shop and was playing it for a few friends when someone mentioned that it was buzzing. I let a professional guitarist play it for a while and the next comment I heard was, "It doesn't buzz when he plays it." :D

It doesn't sound like fret buzz. It sounds like something is loose - like a mic grill or there's a snare drum buzzing in the background. Like a light rattle. Maybe it's some bracing in the guitar itself, or something.

Lol. I'm sure there's some math formula behind it. That doesn't make it sound good though. ;)
How can you be sure when you are mathematically illiterate?

I will prove my assertion by simply saying that there was no mathematical formula involved in the production of this piece.

You and your clique can waste hundreds of hours trying to show that there was. Have fun!

I will prove my assertion by simply saying that there was no mathematical formula involved in the production of this piece.

You and your clique can waste hundreds of hours trying to show that there was. Have fun!

You give yourself too much credit. You're lucky I even devoted this much time to your stuff. Lol. :D

Anyway holmes, let's keep it civil in here, if you can, mmmkay?

You try to be a smart guy, so figure out what that scratchy buzz is in your track, and then ask yourself why you didn't notice it all along. :)

Chill. Your pissy little fight doesn't belong here. There's no clique in the clinic.

*sigh* it was going so well ....................... :rolleyes:

anywhoo ..... I liked the tracks.

The rattly sound ..... well, to me , right at the end when it got really audible for just a second?...... it sounded like something loose ..... like a loose brace in the git but I'm sure that Hummingbird didn't have a loose brace .... but that kinda sound .... as if something was rattling against something else..
But you can't really hear it well except for that vert brief moment near the end. The rest of the track it's more of a ..... "did I hear that?" sorta impression.

Yeah, I feel kinda bad that we pestered Doc so hard to post something up.
Now I know why he doesn't do it more often.
well, it was only one guy giving him grief and he probably expected that with greg. It's 2 sided ya' know. Doc could recognize that the rest of us were welcoming and complimentary of the track. he doesn't have to ignore that over what he knew was gonna come from greg.

So it's a mutual negativity .....

I didn't give him grief. I gave him props on his sound overall. I only mentioned the scratchy rattle sound. I'd do the same for anyone that posts a clip with that kind of flaw in it.

I didn't give him grief. I gave him props on his sound overall. I only mentioned the scratchy rattle sound. I'd do the same for anyone that posts a clip with that kind of flaw in it.
lol ..... yeah you would. But ....... :) ..... would you comment that 'at least it doesn't sound as shitty as your other music' ....... :D

Back