For the audiophiles and tech geeks ;)

JAPOV

Progressively Challenged...
Lately I've been messing around with an acoustic sim...
Which led me to the creation of another digital room to play in...
Which led me to tweak my drum samples...
So on and so on lol.

Anyway, here's a short sound check that I'd like you guys pick apart.
Don't be shy ;)

Attachments

• Djjgggg loop19.mp3
    1.2 MB
Well I’m probably not qualified to make a comment but….
Everything sounded really good through decent iem’s and I especially liked the hi hat sound and the depth of the toms. I felt the kick was slightly muddy or should I say lacked a bit of definition. I wish I could conjure up something that sounded this good
Guy

Lately I've been messing around with an acoustic sim...
Which led me to the creation of another digital room to play in...
Which led me to tweak my drum samples...
So on and so on lol.

Anyway, here's a short sound check that I'd like you guys pick apart.
Don't be shy
What’s to pick apart? The Room you created is balanced and sounds good to me - the guitars are very similar in tone BTW - the Rhythm parts mask the lead part on occasion.

Well I’m probably not qualified to make a comment but….
Everything sounded really good through decent iem’s and I especially liked the hi hat sound and the depth of the toms. I felt the kick was slightly muddy or should I say lacked a bit of definition. I wish I could conjure up something that sounded this good
Guy
That darn kick!
It's easy to crank up the bass, but when I try to "define" the kick drum it just sounds like a bouncing basketball...

Last edited:
What’s to pick apart? The Room you created is balanced and sounds good to me - the guitars are very similar in tone BTW - the Rhythm parts mask the lead part on occasion.
You're right about the guitars. All I did in the right channel is crank the gain and delay :D

Went ahead and gave the kick a little more ass, pulled back the high mids it the bass, made the lead really bright and re-leveled everything... Thanks for listening :)

Attachments

• Djjgggg loop19-2.mp3
    1.3 MB
Went ahead and gave the kick a little more ass, pulled back the high mids it the bass, made the lead really bright and re-leveled everything... Thanks for listening :)
Quite a bit better - what room is it - and what Convolution Plugin did you use?

The second mix really improves the kick.

I like the guitar sound on the right. The guitar on the left could maybe use a little more high end and/or a little less low end. But they both sound pretty good as they are.

The bass is a little sterile sounding - like it was scooped in the 500-600hz range.

Quite a bit better - what room is it - and what Convolution Plugin did you use?
That's just a tweaked roomverb in Logic.
The second mix really improves the kick.

I like the guitar sound on the right. The guitar on the left could maybe use a little more high end and/or a little less low end. But they both sound pretty good as they are.

The bass is a little sterile sounding - like it was scooped in the 500-600hz range.
Raw and plain is precisely what I was shooting for lol...
I recently put on my headphones and realized how much I'm "over-effecting" my mix ;)

Sounded great to me. Nice guitar chops! I would probably double track and hard pan that rhythm guitar, then put that lead up front and center. Sounds great

Also, that Sincerity track came up right after…cool tune!

Back