For recording

Danny Love

What should I get to record digitally and later move the tracks to PC via USB or firewire, right now I'm thinking of an MR8HD, any opinions on it or any others?

I had a Fostex VR-16 digital recorder and honestly unless you NEED the mobility of a stand alone recorder I would get a Firepod or something like it for about what you would spend on the MR8HD.

BUT if you do want a stand alone, I was happy with Fostex, seemed well built and reliable.

The Zoom H2/H4 are pretty popular. I use a laptop plus M-Audio Mobile Pre myself. I get to skip the import step that way. Although not quite as mobile as I'd like, and with my battery life of the laptop, I'm pretty much tethered to a wall socket. The battery life on the mobile recorders aren't all that great either.

The Zoom H2/H4 are pretty popular. I use a laptop plus M-Audio Mobile Pre myself. I get to skip the import step that way. Although not quite as mobile as I'd like, and with my battery life of the laptop, I'm pretty much tethered to a wall socket. The battery life on the mobile recorders aren't all that great either.

Well thanks for the hint, I did my research and I'm picking up a Zoom H4 for $200 tomorrow from a guy on craigslist, not a bad price even for a quick idea recorder, but it can do oh so much more!

Back