For posterity..........

joro

The Pie Guy
this was here before....but as a link only............
I know, I know....livin' in the past.......

I wrote this with DTB...
Had big help on fiddles from John in Cali and 40 Watt in Virginia...
I did manage the bass...
DTB on everything else....vox, guitar, mando, banjo......

for posterity....and because it's my favorite of all the many colabs I have had the pleasure to be part of....

Momma cry........

Attachments

• momma_cry_the_whole_kit_and_ka-boodle_mix_2_may_11_2004_192.mp3
    6.6 MB · Views: 20
Joe,

That's an awesome track!

Forgive me for tossing another song out for the sake of posterity but I luv the dtb!

I'm proud of a tune that Dan and I co-wrote and recorded in 2006 a few months prior to Jamfest 6. Dan recorded magnificient mandolins, percussion, and keyboards. I wrote the lyrics, sung 'em (cough lol), played a bit of guitar and bass.

The River

Now you guys cut that out, very emotional to listen to these tunages.

dan

Hey that's a good tune! It's nicely balanced, and I think your voice really suits the style.

My only suggestion would be maybe to spread out the instruments in the stereo field. Maybe pan the guitar off to the side a bit; it sounds like you have a lot of stuff coming from the middle.

Hell, I may be just grasping at straws here!

Hey that's a good tune! It's nicely balanced, and I think your voice really suits the style.

My only suggestion would be maybe to spread out the instruments in the stereo field. Maybe pan the guitar off to the side a bit; it sounds like you have a lot of stuff coming from the middle.

Hell, I may be just grasping at straws here!

Thanks for the listen man......I really miss cyber jammin' with my pal DTB.....
well when DTB recorded the vox...he also recorded the guitar....same track.....so I can't change that but, everything else is way way out of center....two mando tracks....banjo, two fiddle tracks...they are all hard left and right....If I recall correctly, I think I spent about a month producing and mixing this....a real labor of love....ya know?

Thanks again.

60's dude...nice tune man...and yeah...workin' with Dan was awesome...I really miss it...

and Dan....STFU my friend....I think everyone who ever collabed with you should post the many tunes of DTB right here....for posterity's sake.....ya know?:D

so here's another one......

Blueridge day...
I did the bass and percussion...DTB did all the rest......man...I miss jammin in cyberland....

Attachments

• blueridge day.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 3
Nice. enjoyed both songs. Almost bought a house in Front Royal. On a hill overlooking the Shenandoah. Lost out on a bidding war!! :(

Nice. enjoyed both songs. Almost bought a house in Front Royal. On a hill overlooking the Shenandoah. Lost out on a bidding war!! :(

thanks man...I put a lot of thought and research into the lyric...after all...I am a city kid from Boston.....:rolleyes:

Here's one I did some music to and DTB added the lyric, vox and mando.....

the Ballad of JoRo

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• joroissic.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Momma Cry: compress the vocal just a tad (more?) and kick the makeup gain up a bit. How about a little bit of parallel compression on it as well? It's a low-pitched part, so you have to bring it out with finesse.

Nice music.

Back