For HR people still interested in what I'm doing, musically....

I released a new album just under a week ago. Posted it in the Marketing forum but doesn't look like that place gets much traffic, so I'll link it here in case anyone's interested:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/threads/new-album-honey-hunters-not-everyone-wants-to-be-free.419054/

It is, of course, searingly brilliant... :LOL:

All spins via your favourite streaming service appreciated. 😍
Don't take it personal but most people on music forums are not very interested in listening to recordings that other members post unless you are asking for help with a specific issue. IME music forums don't generate much traction for new releases but I wish you luck.

Don't take it personal but most people on music forums are not very interested in listening to recordings that other members post unless you are asking for help with a specific issue. IME music forums don't generate much traction for new releases but I wish you luck.

You won't be aware of this because such details aren't on display any longer - I joined this forum almost 23 years ago, but don't really hang out here so much any more, apart from the occasional visit - so the thread is exactly what it says it is - there are still a couple of people here who know who I am and might still be interested in hearing what I'm up to.

Or not. So be it.

I'm way past taking it personally. (y)

Armistice usually rates a listen.
The fact that some people wouldn’t give a listen unless they’re given an opportunity to critique seems odd to me.

I listen to HR stuff all the time. I may or may not comment but I’ll listen.

All of Armistice’s stuff I’ve heard is pretty solid.

The fact that some people wouldn’t give a listen unless they’re given an opportunity to critique seems odd to me.

It is only my observation and seems strange to me as well. I remember long ago when I subscribed to Home Recording magazine (I know there is no relation to this site) there was a section where song writers would send in recordings and a few would get a review each month. That was one of my favorite parts of the mag and I would often follow up and request a cassette from the song writer and would pass cassettes of original music back and forth. It was great fun! Fast forward to now I think there are so many people recording at home that the whole thing got watered down. I released an EP a year ago and I think three people here replied. How many members are there? Of course it left me wondering if people are not supportive or maybe my music really is not good. It did not deter me though because I am about to release another EP.

You won't be aware of this because such details aren't on display any longer - I joined this forum almost 23 years ago, but don't really hang out here so much any more, apart from the occasional visit - so the thread is exactly what it says it is - there are still a couple of people here who know who I am and might still be interested in hearing what I'm up to.

Or not. So be it.

I'm way past taking it personally. (y)
I joined in 2009 but was gone for quite a while and only recently returned. All of my old posts are gone so only new posts show.

I was able to listen on your Bandcamp today. David, I really, really like your stuff and I'm jealous of your vocal harmonies. I am following you now so I won't lose track. When I get a minute I will add some songs to my Spotify play lists as well.

I joined in 2009 but was gone for quite a while and only recently returned. All of my old posts are gone so only new posts show.

I was able to listen on your Bandcamp today. David, I really, really like your stuff and I'm jealous of your vocal harmonies. I am following you now so I won't lose track. When I get a minute I will add some songs to my Spotify play lists as well.
Cheers Mark.

I went big on the harmonies this time round. Started out with an early song which sort of seemed to need them, and then I kept doing it because I could. Always been a fan on interweaving harmonies that go up and below the main melody, instead of just the 3rd, 5th above stuff. I also often don't have a choice as I'm not exactly Mariah Carey in terms of range... :-)

Thank you sir.

And I know what you mean. Sometimes it's nice to just listen and not try to pick things to pieces, but people will... :LOL:

Reactions: RFR
Back