For Bob and Tom fans: Her Name is Kristi

i don't listen to bob and tom, but i can't imagine why they wouldn't put this on! i think the quality is just fine--in fact, the mix, clarity, and drum realism on this seems better than some of your other work.

but, like all your other songs, this one made me smile. there is a very pleasant innocence to what you're doing, and as you know i'm a big fan of your singing.

always a pleasure! :)

Gracias, Dr. Dross

You're the first to comment on the song. I was hoping that song writers would chime in on whether there are too many "Lee" references, whether it is too long, or whether it is funny; as I had intended.

Did you check out my cover of "High On You" that I put on soundclick? My 14 year old son says there is a ringing or buzzing in it that my aged ears can't detect.

(I sure wish I had a PODxtLive, #$*%@!&&^*^$####!!!!) I Sooooooo envy you!!

i did listen to it, and yes, he's absolutely right--the buzz/crackle is constant throughout. it may be a ground loop, single-coil pickup, or just a noisy device in your signal chain. in fact, it sounds sort of like it's auto-panning...did you use any stereo effects on this song?

by the way, did you use software to harmonize or is that all you? if it's you doing all the double harmonies, you did an extraordinary job blending them in and performing in sync with yourself. if they're the work of software, i'd suggest putting a longer delay between the lead and background tracks, maybe adding a touch of chorus/pitch shift to make it more realistic. if, in fact, you sang all the parts yourself, it would look especially ridiculous for me to suggest that you "de-perfect" your performance...:)

and the lead guitar seems to stick out a bit. might want to tuck it back a notch.

performance-wise, it's lovely as usual. and if that crackle was gone, it'd be crystal-clear.

talk to you soon, friend! :)

Well, they probably get bombarded with content for possible discussion each and every day. It would be cool if they got to it and played it on the air, but its probably not very likely :(

Back