for anyone who is interested

ametth

Sir Cool of Coronado
EMI has published "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" hard cover book again...The older ones have been selling for upwards of $200, because they were out of print...now you can get yours for about $15.00. (I picked up three!) For those of you who dont know what this is, its a book that chronologically documents every detail of every Beatles recording session for every song from 1962-1970. Detailed session information, including performers, recording dates, and recording techniques (especially with regard to experimental pieces). It's a diray like book. Even if your not a huge beatles fan, it's a great read. Have fun reading!

ametth,
Where did you buy them? Amazon and Barnes and Noble say they're out of print.Thanks ahead of time

Brett

I got it from my local borders book store. There was a stack of them..I'm making a buy this weekend for a few people, let me know asap if yuo want me to pick one up for you?

I'm gonna check a couple of places tomorrow(Fri). If I dont have any luck I'd appreciate you picking one up for me. I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks

Brett

It's a shame this book wasn't written by someone with more technical knowledge of recording and music gear. Maybe someday someone will write a more technically oriented version. Regardless, it's an essential book for Beatles fans.

last night on the radio they interviewed an Aussie Beatles cover band. They are touring through OZ at the moment with a Beatles memorabilia show which has a full collection of Beatles stuff, you know Stg Peppers outfits and Yoko's knickers etc.

They have been invited to play at the Cavern in Liverpool which is quite an honour. They were very good, they did a live version of Nowhere man in the studio and were totally authentic. They even had the liverpool accents. :D

Cheers
John :)

Back