Foo Fighters - Wasting Light, Mastering Comparison between Vinyl and CD

skuthepoo

Hi all, my brother got a hold of the limited edition wasting light package which is AMAZING, anyway, i just wondered if anyone else had heard the Vinyl version of the album? theres quite a difference! now i know there are different mastering measures between mp3, CD and Vinyl, but i never imagined it was this extreme!

anyway would anyone like to hear master comparison clips? i now have both versions of the album.

(im currently listening to the vinyl version, and it sounds AMAZINGLY BETTER! i dont know if i will ever listen to the other version again....)

Hi all, my brother got a hold of the limited edition wasting light package which is AMAZING, anyway, i just wondered if anyone else had heard the Vinyl version of the album? theres quite a difference! now i know there are different mastering measures between mp3, CD and Vinyl, but i never imagined it was this extreme!

anyway would anyone like to hear master comparison clips? i now have both versions of the album.

(im currently listening to the vinyl version, and it sounds AMAZINGLY BETTER! i dont know if i will ever listen to the other version again....)

I would expect that most recent releases sound better on vinyl, given the loudness wars. You simply can't apply the same extremes of compression and loudness to vinyl. The needle would slip out of the grooves because they'd be too big.

I mucho prefer vinyl with everything. I wish they would press vinyl on more artists. I would buy more. I would have pressed my band's album on vinyl if it wasn't so damn expensive.

If people applied the same engineering mentality to CDs as is needed for creating a vinyl album...you really wouldn't need to bother with vinyl, but everyone likes to crush the crap out of their CDs.

The problem with vinyl is that it's a destructive playback medium. Each pass of the needle through the grooves wears them down some.

now i know there are different mastering measures between mp3, CD and Vinyl, but i never imagined it was this extreme!

Are the mp3's made from the vinyl master. I heard they were and would like to confirm that.

I don't know how legal it is to post up copy written stuff without permission, although the FF have posted songs already, but I would like to hear this if it is ok to post.

Are the mp3's made from the vinyl master. I heard they were and would like to confirm that.

I don't know how legal it is to post up copy written stuff without permission, although the FF have posted songs already, but I would like to hear this if it is ok to post.

hey, thanks for the reply. i wouldn't post entire songs, but would post clips switching back and forth between cd master and vinyl.

yes i can confirm that the mp3's are made straight from the vinyl master. they have even left the needle scratches and noises between tracks. its amazing. i will post some bits in a youtube video i think

Back