Follow my example!

Nilbog

hello
I've posted lyrics here before, and song concepts/ideas, etc. I think it would help if people started posting just a rough recording of their song as sort of "standard procedure".

That way its more of a songwriting forum, rather then a poetry forum.

I've heard some really good song, but when you read the lyrics they suck.

So anyway, it should be standard procedure to give us a link to a song. THat would be really great. Even if you have to record it using your headphone as a mic (yes, it works, and yes, I've had to do it).

-nilbog

Great idea Nilbog!

Many lyrics are good by themselves, but when it gets to the music... oh my!

Hearing the song will also give everybody better ideas for rhymes.

:)
BS

So, songwriting clinic for rough sketches, mp3 clinic for near-finished products?

I like it. Good idea. Of course, my "Let's have some fun" thread din't need it (everyone knows the Molly Malone melody, right?), but I'll try on the next new composition...

Daf

I always wondered why nobody did that in the first place. This forum seemed like more of a Bad Poetry Forum than a Songwriting Forum ;)

tanlith said:
LOL... guys... isn't that what the MP3 Clinic is for?

- Tanlith -

Usually the MP3 clinic is for evaluation everything but the song writing. How can you discuss song writing without the music? Since many people can't read music it only makes sense to post a demo.

The MP3 Clinic is for board members to assist one another in MIXING the elements that appear in their musical recordings.

People often post instrumentals in the MP3 Clinic seeking advice on how they have presented the instruments, (technically), in the mix.

Secondarily, it is to stay current with technology with respect to how that affects the MIX.

How the instruments sound, what effects are being used on them, how hardware used to record has affected the mix ... software issues that affect the MIX product are the issues in the MP3 Clinic.

Nilbog said:
I've posted lyrics here before, and song concepts/ideas, etc. I think it would help if people started posting just a rough recording of their song as sort of "standard procedure".

Ok... I'll bite... Tell me what ya think of this one. I've actually done this one with the band, but some "formal" critique would be welcome.

ANOTHER ROUND <-- click here to listen.

Came here in early evening
Guess I've stayed too long
Think that I'll be leaving pretty soon
Tired of looking at this old bar room.

Came to drown my sorrows
In a glass or two of brew
Starin' in my empty glass, I see a picture of you
And I really don't know what to do

I'm a lonely man in a heartless town
That's tryin' so hard to drag me down
Wonder if I've got the money to buy another round?

Last edited:
Nice and depressing there. My favorite part is the "Starin' in my empty glass, I see a picture of you" line. Good imagery, goes beyond cliche there.

applesmasher said:
Nice and depressing there. My favorite part is the "Starin' in my empty glass, I see a picture of you" line. Good imagery, goes beyond cliche there.

LOL! I set out to write a "cryin' in your beer" song for that one. Did you follow the link to listen?

Back