Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 i/o interface any good?

new2mix

Anybody have any experience with these? I can't find too many reviews for the online. Anybody used one at all?

I've only read good things about this unit and I'm planning on buying the pro 26 in the next couple of months or so, but I haven't used either. Focusrite is pretty well known for their preamps though, and this unit allegedly has green series pres in it, which are supposed to be pretty good.

On a side note, I was reading a review in TapeOp of the Presonus Firestudio and they mentioned the Saffire Pro 26 being the only unit with similar features in the same price range as the Firestudio (same price) but immediately dismissed it since the inputs were on the back!! I thought that was a rather amateur thing to do, considering what I've heard of the focusrite preamps vs the presonus ones. And even if they were of similar quality, they didn't even touch on a comparison of the two units other than input placement. That kind of made me mad, I wrote a letter but never got a response and didn't see it published in the next issue :mad:

Thanks for your input. I haven't seen too many articles on the I/O stuff. Someone on here told me the focusrite firewire stuff was not all that good a while back. I am just trying to find out all I can because I can't afford to buy a $400 device and it not work. I will be stuck with whatever I get.

Thanks again..

just figure that if its a rebranded chinese product as so many of these things are, that you are paying double everything else just for the name

This is why I posted this question to get peoples experiences and opinions on which one is the best buy for the $$.

For that price I'd buy an 8 pre. The difference in drivers and latency is a no brainer, the mic pre's certainly arent going to be any worse. Only trouble is the 8pre doesn't have a DI, but thats a 25 dollar fix

Back