Focusrite 18i20, not starting off on the right foot...

MrHarryReems

I ordered a Focusrite 18i20 from GearTree on December 26, it just arrived today on January 21, as they shipped it out here to Hawaii on the slooow boat. Focusrite does not ship any drivers or software with the 18i20. It must be downloaded from their website. Their website is down at the moment.

If they can't reliably deliver their drivers and software, I may have to send this thing back. Unfortunate. I was really looking forward to actually using this thing.

Hi Harry,

I'd like to apologise to you on behalf of all of us here - Our website went down momentarily and left itself in a state of repair. Sorry about this effecting your Out-Of-The-Box experience. As you said, all fixed now and shouldn't happen again!

All the best,

Miles :)

Hi Miles,

It's great to see that Focusrite is maintaining a presence here. It really does go a long way with goodwill.

Unfortunately, I'm currently waiting on an RMA to send the unit in for repair, as the USB port is functioning intermittently. I'm hoping your support department can get the form processed quickly so I can get this on its way, as I have no idea how long the turnaround will be when they receive my broken unit, or what method they're going to use for return shipping. If they use parcel post, it'll take a month to get out here to Hawaii. It's somewhat frustrating, as I am really in the hurts for all of the inputs on the 18i20, as when it works, it's an integral part of our band's practice! It's fairly crippling to go back to my old Presonus Audiobox USB, but 2 inputs are better than nothing at the moment, and it always works when I plug it in.

*EDIT* After submitting my RMA, I got an email back from another Focusrite tech letting me know that there was a beta firmware update released this morning to address my issue. Preliminary test show that it indeed seems to have fixed the issue. The frustrating thing is that support obviously knew there was an issue and elected to repeatedly tell me that the issue was my USB cable, despite me telling them that I that used three different cables in four different USB ports. If they had just said that yes, they are aware of the issue and dev was working on a firmware fix, I would have been good with that.

Last edited:
Back