FLP 3.56 midi question

muskgrave

Hello,
I am a huge moron because just last night i found out that my fruityloops will allow me to pick and choose midi channels from my favorite midi files to allow me to rip off someone elses hard work.
Seriously, though. I am not able to hear the midi files when I open them. I can see the levels bouncing up and down when the file plays and i can see the tracks all spread out over multiple channels, but i get NO sound. My other audio programs (winamp and wmp) play midi files just fine. I went into the audio properties of fruityloops and played around with the 3 different settings for midi but I don't really understand what they mean. I tried several variations but had no luck. I am very midi illiterate and have never done anything other than listen to the files thus far. I am using a sb live platinum 5.1 sound card on this particular computer. any suggestions (other than get a new sound card :P) would be much appreciated!

Thank You,
dlv

alrighty..

I'll check that out when i get home..like i said i've never messed with midi much before...are these settings in the multimedia properties in control panel? And does programs like winamp and wmp use something different to play these files?

dlv

Re: alrighty..

muskgrave said:
I'll check that out when i get home..like i said i've never messed with midi much before...are these settings in the multimedia properties in control panel? And does programs like winamp and wmp use something different to play these files?

dlv
Im not familiar with fruity loops, but chances are the setting is within fruity loops to instruct it to output midi data to the SB synth.

okie dokie artichokie

didn't get a chance to try the control panel settings last night..i already tried changing the settings within flp.

thanks
dlv

doh!

in the options menu of fruityloops theres an "enable midi output" option that is, by default, turned off!

dlv

Back