Floyr Rose Pivot Studs

mike2731

I'm looking into replacing an old Head Crasher Floyd Rose licensed bridge on my guitar with a new type. Question I have is this......I see most all of the new Floyd Rose bridges and licensed bridges all seem to have pivot studs now. On my current guitar, the pivot screws just screwed directly into the body, so I'm asking, is it very hard to install the pivot studs, and does anyone know how to go about it? I was reading somewhere about glueing in the studs, is that what needs to be done? Or is there an easier way. Or, maybe, is there a Floyd system that does not used the pivot studs that just screws into the body like the good old days? Would appreciate some help with this one! Thanks!

Mike

Installing studs should be done by a professional. It is entirely possible to cause pretty severe, damage to the guitar, and you want it done by someone with more experience. They are a friction fit, and the holes need to be drilled precisely, on a drill press, NOT a hand drill. There is NO glue involved.

As for finding screws, you might. Look at all the usual suspects, Allparts, WD, and I am sure there are others. All the others I know are wholesale only, so they won’t help you. The problem is that, just because they have screws doesn’t mean they will have the same size screw, nor the same thread, or the same size head. You will need to find the one which matches your particular brand of trem, which may be a screw, or it may be a stud and insert.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back