Floyd Rose Bar Slipping

shred_head

Hello,

I got a recessed floyd rose,

anyways, I screw my bar in to the floyd rose..it screws/threads in good and tight, but my bar won't stay in one spot, if i twist it counter clockwise, and let go, it just falls/points downward

is there some sort of rubber washer or something that would hold the bar tight when the threaded part is threaded in?
how do I fix this?

I hate FR. They are the reason I started playing bass.

Nevertheless... Some models of those just are like that, they're supposed to drop out of the way when not used.
Bearing that in mind.. If you'd , for example put some thread-sealant tape on the thread (plumbers use that) it would seize the thread.
I've got an ibanez dg350 with a FR copy (which I hate) and the bar is just stuffed in with two nylon-bearings... The fuck is worthless with the tremolo anyways, so if I had the bar attached, I'd probably pour the thing full of tar, asphalt or epoxy glue to keep the fucking mouse-trap in check.

Tried wrapping a rubberband tightly in the end of the thread?..
Putting a piece of electrical-tape in the thread?

shred_head said:
Hello,

anyways, I screw my bar in to the floyd rose..it screws/threads in good and tight, but my bar won't stay in one spot, if i twist it counter clockwise, and let go, it just falls/points downward

is there some sort of rubber washer or something that would hold the bar tight when the threaded part is threaded in?
how do I fix this?

I had the same problem with an Ibanez I once had. Got rid of it and said fuck it. At least for me FR's are a pain the ass. :mad:

shred_head said:
Hello,

how do I fix this?

do yourself a favor and spend 10 to 15 bucks on ebay and get a floyd rose arm that has the coller, the threaded insert comes out from the bottom with an allen head screw, the new assembly drops in and you put the allen screw back in and your problem is solved, this does away with the crappy trem arm with the threads on it. here is a link to what you need at stewmac.com floyd rose arm assembly

sorry any of you mis-understood

I have the one with the thumb screw on there...and the thumbscrew tightens in all the way...but with it tightened, by bar spins round and round still..it was staying whereever I put it, up until 2 months ago

shred_head said:
sorry any of you mis-understood

I have the one with the thumb screw on there...and the thumbscrew tightens in all the way...but with it tightened, by bar spins round and round still..it was staying whereever I put it, up until 2 months ago

if it is a knock off floyd the bars tend to be cheaper made and will loosen the longer they are used, the link i added in my last post should be a cheap cure for you problem

Back